by Olecranon89 Investigator
Investigator

Pixel problems

I have recently done a hard factory reset as the phone was glitching on incoming calls- I couldn't answer the calls as screen became unresponsive.

Following a hard factory reset I can now answer calls

I then can't get whatsapp to stop vibrating on incoming messages despite disabling vibrate in the whats app notification settings with the phone set to vibrate (it doesn't vibrate when in Do Not Disturb or Normal). 

I also can't seem to set a custom ringtone I have transferred the audiofile via bluetooth then moved the file from bluetooth folder to the ringtones folder using andexplorer on filepath /storage/emulated/0/Ringtones.

I cannot see the file when trying to set it to the ringtone through settings>sounds>phone ringtones. 

I have done hard reset a couple of times but can't seem to fix the vibrating whatsapp messages or setting a ringtone?

Any help would be grately appreciated
1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: Pixel problems

Hi @Olecranon89

Just dump the ringtone files into any folder on your phone such as downloads. 

For starters go into settings apps management - 3 dots and desert apps preferences.

Then in Whatsapp pick a contact - three dots - view contact - custom notifications. 

You should then see it's all greyed out until you click on the "use custom notifications" then scroll down and choose your ringtone and vibrate. Now I use ES file explorer to locate my files but as you have reset app preferences it will likely give you an option to use more than one program ( you need a file explorer)

As for vibration go into settings and look for sounds/vibration settings, then go into the vibration settings and disable it from there for the sound profile you are using.

Hope this helps.

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
4 REPLIES 4
by
EE Community Support Team

Hello there @Olecranon89

Thanks for coming back to the community.

Could you set a ring tone before the factory reset?

Have you tried deleting WhatsApp and reinstalling the app?

Thanks, Leanne 🙂

by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Hi @Olecranon89

Just dump the ringtone files into any folder on your phone such as downloads. 

For starters go into settings apps management - 3 dots and desert apps preferences.

Then in Whatsapp pick a contact - three dots - view contact - custom notifications. 

You should then see it's all greyed out until you click on the "use custom notifications" then scroll down and choose your ringtone and vibrate. Now I use ES file explorer to locate my files but as you have reset app preferences it will likely give you an option to use more than one program ( you need a file explorer)

As for vibration go into settings and look for sounds/vibration settings, then go into the vibration settings and disable it from there for the sound profile you are using.

Hope this helps.

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by Olecranon89 Investigator
Investigator

Thank you for taking the time to help me find a solution, very much appreciated.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hello there @Olecranon89

Glad you got the help you needed from the community.

Come back anytime 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.