by uvarvu Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Re: Pixel, Phone by Google - a user's guide

I've had it since October or November, I can't remember the specific month.

The chat with Google support did take a while and I had to send some pictures of the phone showing the burn in and they agreed it was a defect.  UPS are collecting it tomorrow, my friend went through the same process and it took around a couple of days for his replacement to be delivered.

Just wondered why EE said they would send it for repair and that the turnaround would be up to three weeks.    I was surprised after moving from a succession of iPhones, any issues with those were resolved by a quick trip to the Apple Store and a replacement issued five minutes later!

by
EE Employee

Hi @uvarvu

The store has followed the correct process in offering to send the device for repair under the manufacturer's warranty.

If you go direct to the manufacturer repairs may be handled differently, as you have pointed our apple will only handle the device within the first year.

Many thanks,

Lee

by uvarvu Established Contributor
Established Contributor

A little update here, it took a week but I finally received my replacement phone from Google.   I was again surprised but in a good way, I expected a refurb unit in a plain box but received a brand new handset instead complete with accessories!   I'm so happy right now, this is better service than Apple excluding the week's wait.

I really, really wish that every handset manufacturer worked like this.  Phones should only be sent away for repair if the fault/damage is down to owner negligence.

by
EE Employee

Hi @uvarvu

Glad your phone issue was resolved smoothly.

Many thanks,

Lee

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.