cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Pixel 3 & Bad Communication

thelonewolfclub
Investigator
Investigator

I ordered the Pixel 3 XL a day after its announcement - paid an upfront cost and an early upgrade fee (all fair enough)

Nearly a month later, 1st November came and I wasn't getting any updates in regards to my order, I was aware of the delay through the internet, however, decided to call customer service for more information.

At this point of time, I was infact told that my order was cancelled by EE.

Concerns so far:

• EE took my money, however didn't decide to tell me they cancelled my order until I had to chase them up myself. 

Anyways, the person I spoke to over the phone was extremely helpful and promised to chase everything up - she even gave me her work email address. 2 days later, she left me a voicemail to tell me to email her to proceed with a new upgrade. This was on Saturday, I emailed her, it's now Tuesday and no response.

• Yet again, lack of communication and further assistance

I left a complaint in regards to everything that has happened so far via the online form. No answer or communication 

So now, I've called up again to upgrade my phone, still to the Pixel 3 XL, and I could be waiting another 28 days for the phone. This means all in all, I could be waiting in total of 2 months for a phone I orginially ordered when the announcement was released (9th October)

I understand delays and problems may occur, however, it's the lack of communication that has really put a bad service on behalf of EE. 

Guys, please make sure this hasn't happened to you and call customer service yourself 

11 REPLIES 11
Bellyman
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hear Hear.

eleiyas
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I believe you.

Although people are saying that carphone warehouse has the phone in stock, that isn't actually true 

Checking their website reveals some weird shenanigans.

Pixel 3 (standard) 64gb - delivery tomorrow.

Pixel 3 (standard) 128gb - delivery by 13th November.

Pixel 3 XL 64gb - delivery by 18th November.

Pixel 3 XL 128gb - no delivery date on the website at all.