cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Pixel 3 & Bad Communication

thelonewolfclub
Investigator
Investigator

I ordered the Pixel 3 XL a day after its announcement - paid an upfront cost and an early upgrade fee (all fair enough)

Nearly a month later, 1st November came and I wasn't getting any updates in regards to my order, I was aware of the delay through the internet, however, decided to call customer service for more information.

At this point of time, I was infact told that my order was cancelled by EE.

Concerns so far:

• EE took my money, however didn't decide to tell me they cancelled my order until I had to chase them up myself. 

Anyways, the person I spoke to over the phone was extremely helpful and promised to chase everything up - she even gave me her work email address. 2 days later, she left me a voicemail to tell me to email her to proceed with a new upgrade. This was on Saturday, I emailed her, it's now Tuesday and no response.

• Yet again, lack of communication and further assistance

I left a complaint in regards to everything that has happened so far via the online form. No answer or communication 

So now, I've called up again to upgrade my phone, still to the Pixel 3 XL, and I could be waiting another 28 days for the phone. This means all in all, I could be waiting in total of 2 months for a phone I orginially ordered when the announcement was released (9th October)

I understand delays and problems may occur, however, it's the lack of communication that has really put a bad service on behalf of EE. 

Guys, please make sure this hasn't happened to you and call customer service yourself 

11 REPLIES 11
MarcJ
Contributor
Contributor

I'm sorry to hear about your experience.  A lot of us are also getting the runaround on the Pixel 3 XL, but not to this extent.  I hope you get it sorted out.

Bellyman
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

These communcation issues have been going on so long it can only be seen as a choice now.  EE is very secretive and choses to provide very little information to its customers in all areas of the business and for seemingly for no reason.

I hate seeing new people come along and express the same sort of issues.  

Delays I can empathize, however, lack of communication is unacceptable - especially when they are willing to take over £200 from me and not make me aware of the 'cancellation' 

1. Were they ever going to make me aware?
  2. If so, when? 
  3. Are we going to be told anything? 

My fear is, they haven't resolved potential shipping orders and that's why we haven't been told much - assuming that's the reason. And now my other concern is that I won't be a priority for the next batch of phones due to recently re-ordering the phone today, when in theory, I ordered the phone the day after its preorder but wasn't made aware of the cancellation.

Doesn't help my current Pixel doesn't charge properly and the audio jack doesn't work at all...hahaha. 

eleiyas
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I just posted this, but I also pre-ordered my 3xl only a day or two after the launch event.

My order shows 19th-24th November and has been "on track" for around 2 weeks. No updates in almost a week.

I wish EE would just tell us what the hell is going on.

As was said by someone else, you've been through the worst deal by far, but we are all being toyed with by EE at this point.

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Good Morning @thelonewolfclub

Welcome to the community. 

Delivery dates are estimates. 

We received fewer handsets from the manufacturer than we expected for launch. We are fulfilling pre-orders on a first come first serve basis and hope to have the handset for you soon so you can experience it on the UK'S biggest and fastest network. 

Katie 

Well this is what I exactly feared.

Though I ordered mine on 10th October (a day after the launch), EE decided to cancel my order and not tell me. So, now I've only just re-ordered it again and won't be a priority. 

Katie_B

Hi @thelonewolfclub

I have sent you a private message, if you could please take a look and get back to me. 

Thanks, Katie

I'm afraid that, whilst well intentioned, and likely driven by your available information, this post really annoys me.

Whatever the true facts of the matter, there are so many reported reasons for the delays, all of them different and all of them from EE representatives.  This inability to get the story straight for customers is the biggest mark of a lack of respect I can remember seeing from a company the size of EE.  It smacks of contempt for customers.

As I say, I am not aiming the comment at you directly, @Katie_B, and I don't want you to feel that this is a personal attack on you - it isn't.  It's a sign of my frustrations with trying to deal with a company that clearly doesn't care for its customer base.

@Katie_B wrote:

Good Morning @thelonewolfclub

Welcome to the community. 

Delivery dates are estimates. 

We received fewer handsets from the manufacturer than we expected for launch. We are fulfilling pre-orders on a first come first serve basis and hope to have the handset for you soon so you can experience it on the UK'S biggest and fastest network. 

Katie 

Katie_B

Hi @MarcJ

I understand your frustration. 

Once the device has been dispatched we will notify via a text message. 

As mentioned previously this is a manufacturer delay and we are fulfilling orders on a first come first serve basis. 

Thanks, Katie 🙂