by ap17 Investigator
Investigator

Pixel 2 xl confirmation

I pre-ordered the Google pixel 2 XL the day after it was released and when I try tracking it, it still says it's awaiting confirmation. Does this mean I won't be getting it on the 15th when it's officially released?

29 REPLIES 29
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: Pixel 2 xl confirmation

Hello there @ap17

Welcome to the community.

Are you getting your Google Pixel 2 XL from a store?

Have you had any texts or emails from us?

Thanks. Leanne 🙂

by ap17 Investigator
Investigator

I pre-ordered it as an upgrade through the EE website. The only email I received was the confirmation email when I ordered it.

by

Hi @ap17

Thanks for confirming.

You will receive a text from DPD, by 8pm the day before your delivery, to confirm that it's on its way.

If you would like your order looked into further please give us a call.

Thanks. Leanne,

by ap17 Investigator
Investigator

My order hasn't even been confirmed yet though despite placing the order over a month ago. When I ordered it, it said I would receive it within 40 days of ordering but that has not been the case and I haven't received any further information about my order.

by

Hi @ap17

In this case please give us a call so we can check this for you.

Thanks, Leanne.

by Dr3adn4u9ht Investigator
Investigator

Mines is being delivered to the store for me to pick up and I've heard nothing to say it's going to be available tomorrow? 

by

Hello there @Dr3adn4u9ht

Thanks for posting.

The store will get in touch with you when your phone is ready to pick up.

Thanks. Leanne.

Investigator

So there is absolutely no way of finding out a date until it's already there? If my phone comes tomorrow I need to arrange lunch break from work to pick it up it would be nice to get atlaest an idea of when I can pick it up. 

by TheGingerOneNI Investigator
Investigator

It would appear not. I'm in the same boat as you guys, ordered my phone over a month ago and thought that if I had it delivered to store they would just take it from store stock. I also work shifts so to get it on launch day this was the best option for me but now here I am 'awaiting confirmation' and the customer service don't know any more than we do. I wouldn't mind so much if my order was delayed if they would at least tell me! 

by

Morning @Dr3adn4u9ht

Did you order the phone in store over the phone or online?

Also which variant did you go for?

Thanks. Leanne.

Investigator

Ordered in store black and white 64gb

Investigator

Never mind, I got hold of the store after three days of phoning, apparently they have no pixel 2 xl stock whatsoever today, their delivery isn't till tomorrow for a possible pickup tomorrow or Friday they will let me know. It's good to finally get some information but it seems bizarre that a phone shop would have no stock of a flagship phone on launch day? Anyway at least I have a 48 hour window now. 

by Nikoli Contributor
Contributor

I found out yesterday, the day before my phone was due to arrive, that it was being delayed by a week. This is not the level of service I have become accustomed to from EE, which has always been exceptional, and I refuse to believe you had no inkling of the delay prior to this. As a result I have sold my current handset and have had to purchase another phone to see me through the week. Poor show EE. 

Investigator

I also had a buyer for my phone today, which I've had to let down. Ee this is me switching to ee from O2, so far have to say I'm not impressed. 

by

Hi @Dr3adn4u9ht

Thanks for posting.

Unfortunately we’ve received less stock of the Black and White Pixel 2 XL variant than we were expecting.

As a leading Pixel 2 XL supplier, Google is sending us new stock deliveries on an ongoing basis to fulfil demand.

If you have pre-ordered the Black and White Google Pixel 2 XL you will be priority, and the phone will be sent on a first come first serve basis.

Thank you for your patience.

Richard

🙂

Investigator

Richard, I ordered at 128gb Pixel 2 XL in just black over a month ago and haven't had any update since then. Is there a delay in these also?

by

Hi @TheGingerOneNI

Thank you for coming here to see us 🙂

Were you given an order confirmation or reference starting 0000?

Thank you

Richard

🙂

Investigator

Hi Richard,

The reference number on the page once I completed my order was xkn241493300.

by

Hi guys

The order portal will give you the latest information about your Google Pixel XL 2 order.

DPD will contact you the day before delivery, by 8pm to let you know to expect a delivery the following day.

Thank you 

Richard

🙂

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.