by Tomtomk Investigator
Investigator

Pixel 2 XL sound

No sound through the wired head phones after update this week .

6 REPLIES 6
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Pixel 2 XL sound

@Tomtomk   Can you try a different set of headphones? 

by Tomtomk Investigator
Investigator

Hi. 

Tried 3 headphones so far, the issue started a day after I performed the latest security update and rebooted as instructed. I then tried watching my usual Netfx series and nothing, tried YouTube, videos, music, no sound through the headphones, so I thought, I put the volume to max and could hear a faint sound, now when I plug in the adaptor I can hear a faint hiss through the headphones as it switches on the usb C port, but the volume is of no use, way too low. 

Thanks .

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Tomtomk.

Welcome to the EE Community.

Do you have any USB-C headphones you could test with to rule out a problem with the adapter?

Do you still get sound through the phone's speakers?

Thanks

James

by Tomtomk Investigator
Investigator

Hi. 

Yes I get sound through the speakers, sound does get through the usb C adapter, but it's so low even at max that you can hardly hear it, seems like a volume issue. 

Tried turning on and off the mono audio option, volume appears better, but the audio is garbled, sometimes no vocals, low vocals, tinny choppy audio, etc. Tried a friend's headphones, seemed normal at first, then back to mess, we did note that his headphones did not have any control features, regular jack, not 3 sleeve like mine. Seems like the audio management system has been adjusted. 

Thanks. 

by
EE Community Team

Hi @Tomtomk,

I would recommend speaking to our Technical Gurus who will be able to take you through some further steps on your account.

Come back and let us know how you get on once you have spoken with them.

Alex 🙂

by Tomtomk Investigator
Investigator

Ok thanks .

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.