by MrJones Contributor
Contributor

Pixel 2 XL problems and EE standpoint

I have a Pixel 2 XL on pre order, but am getting worried by all the negative reports coming out (multiple screen issues, poor call quality, etc). 

When is the last point I can cancel my order?

Will Ee take the phone back if I am unsatisfied, even if a few weeks after receiving it?

When is the Mate 10 Pro launching?

5 REPLIES 5
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Pixel 2 XL problems and EE standpoint

Hi, 

You get 14 days to retun the handset from when you receive it.

Its up to you if you want to cancel but with all new phones people always find some issues, others have no problems. 

Thanks, 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Personally I'd buy SIM free from Google if possible. They have shown in the past they are willing to fix issues and possibly replace phones immediately, whereas some other places will repair under warranty and try and squirm out of anything. Not saying EE would do that, but it's better to go direct.

by Garycam626
Explorer

Apparently there will be a softeware update to improve on screen colour as the life like effect they have went for hasn't went down well.google has tested the phone saying burn in/retention isn't worse than any other phone and the people doing reviews are using software designed to test this making it visible whereas day to day use it's barely noticeable.google are giving a 2 year warranty with it now to ease fears.id personally hang in there with it,I myself have it on pre order and I'm sticking with it,as the pixel I've had for the past year far out performs and id more reliable than the iPhone it replaced as an insurance replacment (6 iPhone replacements I received,1 of which came with a broken screen and the other 5 had the battery shut down issue 🙈🙈

by MrJones Contributor
Contributor

Okay, so... I think I've made my mind up. Screen issues are way too widespread. As are system lock ups, crashes, and failures. Final nail was hearing the paint on the fingerprint scanner flakes off, and no longer reads prints correctly.

Calling to cancel tomorrow. 

😞

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @MrJones

Welcome to the community.

I'm sorry to read that you've decided to cancel your pre-order.

Please contact our customer service team, they'll be able to help you with that.

Chris

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.