by dominicwilde Investigator
Investigator

Pixel 2 XL black smear issue

Hi All,

Received my Pixel 2 XL yesterday as an upgrade and am happy with the device apart from one issue. The black smearing shown when scrolling past dark images is almost unbearable, especially in the evening. How do I go about getting this fixed?

Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Re: Pixel 2 XL black smear issue

HI @dominicwilde

Change your background picture or theme than check it again. 

That might just your background picture or theme when you scroll make you feel like that. 

Thanks 

Investigator

Yep, it's not my background. It's when scrolling through any app with pictures being displayed, (Facebook, Twitter, chrome etc etc). Of any part of the picture being scrolled past is black/dark then it smudges on the screen.  

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi, 

You will have to contact EE tomorrow and arrange for the phone to be returned.

I assume you have also searched Google to see if this issue can be fixed, or if it's just a software issue?

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
Investigator

I've  had a look online now and yeah, looks like a common hardware problem. Such a shame since this is a lovely phone otherwise! I wonder what the chances of getting a unit that's unaffected are or if I'm going to have to end up cancelling....

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @dominicwilde

Thanks for coming here to our community to see us 🙂

I'd recommend a chat with the technical team over the phone or please log in and report this via a live chat and we will support you.

Let us know what happens

Thanks

Richard

🙂

Investigator

So, I had a wee live chat and they're sending a replacement tomorrow. Hopefully this one is grand but we'll see. The interweb doesn't have much love for the screen on this phone it would appear...

by
EE Community Support Team

Ah good news @dominicwilde

Let me know what happens when you get the replacement set up.

Cheers

Richard

🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.