by Masonjh65
Explorer

Pay as you go data not working

So, Im using pay as you go but when I turn data on no 4g-H comes up at the top! Help! I need wifi to go online! Im on lg k4 help!

3 REPLIES 3
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Re: Pay as you go data not working

@Masonjh65 wrote:

So, Im using pay as you go but when I turn data on no 4g-H comes up at the top! Help! I need wifi to go online! Im on lg k4 help!

Is this a new pay as you go account/sim card or phone that you are using @Masonjh65 ?

Sometimes with Android, there can be two lots of data settings in the Settings for the data. One been the pay as you go settings and the other been the pay monthly data settings. Perhaps yours is set on the pay monthly settings. If it is, try selecting the pay as you go settings and then switch your phone off and on again.

On the Android handsets that I have tried, the settings I've mentioned are usually in Settings/Network and once in there it is usually easy to see where the settings I have mentioned are.

@Damienw1 and @Northerner are more knowledgable than I am when it comes to Android, so perhaps they can help you further @Masonjh65 in case what I have mentioned doesn't fix the issue for you.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Masonjh65,

Welcome to the EE Community.

Have you chosen a pay as you go pack with a data allowance?

Can you make calls and send texts?

Thanks

James

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Masonjh65 wrote:

Hi, 

• Are you in a 4G area? 
  • If you can receive 4G is your signal generally good? 
  • Are you on EE, Tmobile, Orange? 
  • Have you topped up/have the correct pack
  • Have you activated data on your phone?

Thanks, 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.