by Cornish78 Contributor
Contributor

P30 Pro connected to WiFi but no internet access

Hi,

Sadly since upgrading and making the jump from Apple to Huawei I have had no end of issues, many of which are still ongoing but the new one I am facing is that my P30 Pro will not access internet over my WiFi. I have tried forgetting the network, turning off phone, turning off internet and resetting it all but the same issue always occurs.  When I go in to the WiFi page it shows the following:-

BTHub5-****

connected (no internet access)

the little wifi symbol also has a little exclamation mark when you would normally see a lock.

i have seen various posts about this issue but none with a solution that has worked for me.

any ideas would be gratefully received 

6 REPLIES 6
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: P30 Pro connected to WiFi but no internet access

Do you get Internet access when connected over the mobile network?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @Cornish78 

You are connecting to the correct router, and entering the correct WiFi password?

Do you have both WiFi bands active (5 or 2.4) and it doesn't connect to either network? 

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Northerner : I read it that WiFi is connected but Internet isn't:

@Cornish78 wrote:

BTHub5-****

connected (no internet access)

@Cornish78 : Try separating the bands on the Advanced / Wireless page of the router.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Cornish78 @XRaySpeX 

It will show as connecting (no internet) if the wrong password is entered as the phone its trying to obtain an IP which the router is declining. 

Thanks, 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

It's showing as connected though. @Northerner.

Under wifi settings, if you are connected, it will show your IP address, is that there?

Have you tried someone else's wifi, @Cornish78  Or try a local coffee establishment which has free wifi?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Northerner : I don't believe that unless you are talking about, or mixing it up with, the wrong BB pwd in the router itself. In which case there will be no BB, & therefore Net, in the house yet every device can connect to the router, but no further.

I get exactly that "Connected - No Net Access" state on my PC when I connect it to my powered-up but not connected to phone socket EE SH, when I use it for investigatory purposes.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.