by Graciebabe39 Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Over heating

This is my second Google pixel XL and this one is over heating just like the other one. Any suggestions?

If it coninues to over heat  am I able to change phones as this seems to be occurring a lot on the Google pixel XL? 

6 REPLIES 6
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Over heating

Hi, 

What do you mean by overheating as all phones get hot after prolonged use/charging for hours,  especially if they have metal frames. 

Your phone will likely still be under warranty with Google so if you think it's defective then you should contact them. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Do you close down all apps fully? Not just press home button.

How long do you use it for in one go?

How long is it sat on charge for?

How hot does it get?

Do you have a cleaner app installed. Most of these have the ability to 'cool down the phone (basically it shuts down all background apps and processes which is not needed so stops using CPU power which is what gets hot.)

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Pie 9.0)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
Established Contributor

I am just typing to daughters and the whole phone is hot. I take off cover and do nothing for half an hour so it can cook down. The covers bit to touch when I take it off. I have never had a phone that has done this. Playing music. I may as well give up it gets to hot. 

Established Contributor

Yes I close everything down I'm very strict with that. I may be on phone for say half an hour at a time, I have tried the cooler app but it then riiddles my phone with ads.  I charge my phone and then unplug phone. If I listen to music I am honestly worried about how hot it gets. It's not nice worrying about how hot it gets. 

Established Contributor

This is the second one I have had. It's warming up just typing this to you!?

This has never ever happened with any other phone I have had. 

Also thank  you for replying. 

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Graciebabe39

Thanks for coming to community for some help and support 🙂

I would advise to please get in touch with our technical team either on the phone or via a live online chat.

Please do let us know how you get on and what they advise.

Thank you

Richard

🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.