by TashaT11
Explorer

Oreo update broke my Pixel XL!

Title says it all really, got my pixel 9 months ago, everything was great, was loving my phone, and then the Oreo update was recently released. I woke up one morning, popped my headphones in, listened to my music and then all of a sudden my phone froze, this was the beginning of my deep frustration with my beloved phone. Once my phone had restarted, nothing would work at all, the keyboard would stop working, apps such as Facebook and Snapchat would no longer work, I wasn't able to write text messages or make phone calls, the phone would simply freeze, and then restart continuously over and over. I made the brave decision of a factory reset, after suffering the frustrations of trying to perform an update hoping it would fix my issue but the phone would yet again freeze and terminate the update. Since performing the factory reset, my phone has probably been worse for freezing and restarting, sometimes it restarts on its own continuously,there has been occasions where  I'm unable to use it for hours. The keyboard seems to be working fine, I still can not make phone calls, it's like the speaker no longer works, sometimes I can hear people, rarely they can hear me, if they do hear me it doesn't last long before the phone cuts out and it freezes and restarts, I'm unable to use headphones or auxillary as my phone freezes and then restarts an insane amount of times. Apps seem to be working fine, no issues when playing games  or using  social media. Lack of phone calls is the biggest issue, when trying to make a call it either freezes completely, lags a little or just doesn't work, sometimes it shows messages to say the system UI isn't responding and system processor isn't responding. I'm paying  a fair amount of money monthly for something I can't fully use...help please?!

3 REPLIES 3
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Oreo update broke my Pixel XL!

Hi, 

Have you tried reinstalling the firmware again fresh?

Doesn't Google update these phones direct, if so there is not much EE can do.

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by uvarvu Established Contributor
Established Contributor

@TashaT11 Just RMA to Google and get another - job done.  You'll find live chat with them under Support in Settings.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @TashaT11

Welcome to the community, I'm sorry to hear of your phone woes.

I see you've had some great advice above already.

Alternatively, we have a technical support team that are on hand to help you with this.

Please let us know how you get on, whichever way you decide to go with this.

Chris

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.