by looxuser Contributor
Contributor

Orange Tahiti tablet - firmware

Hi there, anyone out there own an Orange Tahiti Tablet (aka Huawei Mediapad)?  I need to obtain a copy of the stock firmware for that device, apparently android 3.2 so I can put it back from ICS to Honeycomb in the hope that the unlock code provided by Orange will work on that firmware version.  As long as the tablet runs ICS I have no chance.  hoping somebody either has this  ROM / Firmware they can email to me or indeed they can do a backup of their own firmware and share that.  Any help much appreciated.  Andy

12 REPLIES 12
by looxuser Contributor
Contributor

orange tahiti firmware please

Hi there, anyone out there own an Orange Tahiti Tablet (aka Huawei Mediapad)?  I need to obtain a copy of the stock firmware for that device, apparently android 3.2 so I can put it back from ICS to Honeycomb in the hope that the unlock code provided by Orange will work on that firmware version.  As long as the tablet runs ICS I have no chance.  hoping somebody either has this  ROM / Firmware they can email to me or indeed they can do a backup of their own firmware and share that.  Any help much appreciated.  Andy

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: orange tahiti firmware please

Hi, 

If you take it into EE they will send it off to their repairer to reinstall the current firmware. There maybe a fee for this service. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by looxuser Contributor
Contributor

thanks for that but perhaps as a last resort I will do that.  Its time really i wanted to get this sorted in the next week as I want to take the tablet on holiday and us it with a local sim.   Readers please do respond if you have the Orange Tahiti firmware

by looxuser Contributor
Contributor

Hi so i now have another orange tahiti but want to take the firmware from it to install on my previously defunct Tahiti tablet.  Any advise me how please?

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @looxuser

Welcome to the community.

Apologies for not understanding. Are you looking to move the data from your new Tahiti to your old one?

Like contacts, apps, emails etc?

Chris

by looxuser Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Chris, let me make a simplier explanation.  I have two Orange Tahiti Tablets A & B

Now Tahiti A... I updated the firmware from Huawei website which resulted in me not being able to network unlock the tablet with the code paid for and provided by EE.  Was told it was due to overwiting the original factory firmware.

So I got Tahiti B... So i would have a source for the orange branded firmware.  My request here is for advice on how to copy the firmware from Tahiti B to Tahiti A thereby rendering my original Tahiti back to factory so I can unlock it and use it as a spare or gift to one of my kids.

Hopefully you can advise. I'm pretty good with tech but don'y know where to start with this particularly as i don't want to disturb Tahiti B setup and end up with that one not working too.

Kind Regards,  Andy

by
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for explaining further, @looxuser.

One of our community stars may be able to offer some advice on this. 🙂

@XRaySpeX @Chris_B @Northerner @Schockwave @Profile closed @martyn413 @chistery @Inyourbox

If not, I recommend speaking to our technical support team.

Chris

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Christopher_G

I already explained what the OP needs to do on the 29/07.

Basically the OP wants the old Orange Rom which is after all this time unlikely to be available,  but if it is will be available at EE preferred repairer.

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by looxuser Contributor
Contributor

@Northerner

Tried that and EE repairer scratched their heads a while and said its too old.  Thats why i bought a sceond hand one to clone the firmware from.  Now i know this is possible and that the device may need to be rooted etc, but was looking for a solution without need for that.

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

@looxuser it would have been easier to Google for the stock firmware than buying a second device.

You are going to have to root it to clone the firmware on it and this could result in things going wrong and you bricking both devices.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Pie 9.0)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Quick Google search got me the firmware.

http://www.modaco.com/forums/topic/354595-rom-honeycomb-android-32-official-update-huawei-mediapad-t...

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Pie 9.0)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
by looxuser Contributor
Contributor

Thanks @BrendonH, i found those links too but non of the files are behind the listings shown, hence the second tahiti.  Rooting comes with ICS firmware which turns the Tahiti into an ICS Mediapad, which is how i got into this in the first place.  There is something called Kingroot however but it worries me this may also cripple the device. any thoughts community?

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.