by nekromantik Established Contributor
Established Contributor

OnePlus 7

Hi all

I am very annoyed at EE. They will not say if they will have the non 5G version of the OnePlus 7 pro. Only the 5G is on coming soon page. Three already have pro listed and its not exclusive. 

Anyone know if they are getting it?

May need to cancel my contract. 

61 REPLIES 61
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Re: OnePlus 7

@nekromantik  why do you want the non 5G version ?

Established Contributor

It will end up costing me more and I dont live in area where 5G was announced. 

So means paying more for 5G version and not using it as even once its in my area I wont want to pay the extra monthly cost. Also its not out this month and no dates.

They said it will be $200 more so the up front cost of the phone will be more.

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@nekromantik but EE havent said what the 5G prices will be so you got nothing to compare it with.

Established Contributor

@David You really think they will give us 5G for the price of 4G?

When 4G came out the price plans were £10 more at least. 

Also the phone is pricer too so you end up paying more one way or another.

And I dont want to wait longer for something I wont need.

Thats why OnePlus made a Pro version released next week for those who dont want 5g.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@nekromantik  Why cancel the contract why not wait and see what comes out and at what prices.  

Established Contributor

@Chris_B Because its pretty much guaranteed to cost me more a month.

Hell even upgrading to Samsung S10 will mean I need to pay £56 instead of £49 a month and pay £30 for phone. So a 5G plan will cost even more. People kidding themselves if they think 5g will be released for £1 or £2 more a month. I remember EE when 4g was released. I waited 1 year before going for 4g plan.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@nekromantik  I’ll still wait for any EE announcement on pricing.  Yes it’ll will probably cost more and a lot of customers this year will not benefit from having a 5G device but until EE announces what areas will get 5G next year I would hold off from upgrading and keep the device I already have until I know if I could get a 5G.  Your upgrade period doesn’t mean you have to have a new device and until any prices are made public I wouldn’t rush in to anything.  

Established Contributor

@Chris_B At the moment I cannot afford to spend more a month. So waiting does nothing for me as I know it will cost more.

My current device has an issue that has occured this month and I dont want a refurbished phone via insurance so might as well upgrade to a new device.

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

The difference is when 4G was released EE had the monopoly. They were the first network with 4G for quite some time.

They wont be with 5G so the prices will be competitive.

Samsung S10 which is out is not a 5G version. That doesn't come out until June 10th which was only announced today.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Pie 9.0)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
Established Contributor

@BrendonH Exactly my point...if it costs me more per month for a non 5G S10+ then no way will I get 5G for same or less then what Im currently on.

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

There is no 5G S10+. Only the standard size.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Pie 9.0)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
Established Contributor

@BrendonH Not exactly standard size as its bigger screen then S10+ plus different cameras.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@nekromantik  Why are you paying insurance then, and if you’re going to do what you say in your first post why are you paying insurance 😉

Get the new device via insurance get a sim only deal when you upgrade as you can upgrade to a full contract within 6 months or if you’ve been a EE customer for along time you can upgrade to a full contract any time.  You can then sell the insurance device.  No point in rushing out of EE until you know what’s coming 

Established Contributor

@Chris_B Insurance is for emergency situations if my phone stops working.

EE dont give you new phones via insurance. They give refurbished. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@nekromantik   I know what they give I also know your you say your device has an issue and I also know that you’ve sad you might need to end you contact with EE to get the device you want,   So why are you paying insurance if your not going to use it before you leave EE, that’s if your gong to leave EE. 

Established Contributor

@Chris_B As I was waiting to see if they put the non 5g version on the coming soon page. I am thinking of leaving if they do not release the non 5g version....

Whats the point in cancelling insurance and then week or two later the entire contract. Might as well do both same time.We will know for sure if they will have the phone or not by end of month. As it will been out for 2 weeks by then.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @nekromantik,

If you register your details on our coming soon page we'll make sure you the first to know about all future OnePlus releases.

Thanks

James

by Gomrathb Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Just to settle your argument about price. Vodafone are offering customers 5G for no extra cost, that’s pretty much what EE are going to have to do to keep their customers. Even if you don’t have 5G immediately - which most people won’t you still will have 4G and a new phone you wanted. 

by redbullman Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Because the boss of OnePlus has admitted the battery life will be substantially worse with the 5g version.  They also had to redesign the position of the new 5g modem and nfc module due to heat concerns.  Basically unless you are in a 5g area (which for most people is unlikely for some time), you are much better off with the non 5g version, which for some bizarre reason EE are not going to sell 

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.