16-05-2019 07:44 PM
I am very annoyed at EE. They will not say if they will have the non 5G version of the OnePlus 7 pro. Only the 5G is on coming soon page. Three already have pro listed and its not exclusive.
Anyone know if they are getting it?
May need to cancel my contract.
16-05-2019 07:49 PM - edited 16-05-2019 07:50 PM
It will end up costing me more and I dont live in area where 5G was announced.
So means paying more for 5G version and not using it as even once its in my area I wont want to pay the extra monthly cost. Also its not out this month and no dates.
They said it will be $200 more so the up front cost of the phone will be more.
16-05-2019 07:58 PM
@David You really think they will give us 5G for the price of 4G?
When 4G came out the price plans were £10 more at least.
Also the phone is pricer too so you end up paying more one way or another.
And I dont want to wait longer for something I wont need.
Thats why OnePlus made a Pro version released next week for those who dont want 5g.
16-05-2019 08:01 PM
@nekromantik Why cancel the contract why not wait and see what comes out and at what prices.
16-05-2019 08:12 PM
@Chris_B Because its pretty much guaranteed to cost me more a month.
Hell even upgrading to Samsung S10 will mean I need to pay £56 instead of £49 a month and pay £30 for phone. So a 5G plan will cost even more. People kidding themselves if they think 5g will be released for £1 or £2 more a month. I remember EE when 4g was released. I waited 1 year before going for 4g plan.
16-05-2019 08:27 PM
@nekromantik I’ll still wait for any EE announcement on pricing. Yes it’ll will probably cost more and a lot of customers this year will not benefit from having a 5G device but until EE announces what areas will get 5G next year I would hold off from upgrading and keep the device I already have until I know if I could get a 5G. Your upgrade period doesn’t mean you have to have a new device and until any prices are made public I wouldn’t rush in to anything.
16-05-2019 08:32 PM
@Chris_B At the moment I cannot afford to spend more a month. So waiting does nothing for me as I know it will cost more.
My current device has an issue that has occured this month and I dont want a refurbished phone via insurance so might as well upgrade to a new device.
16-05-2019 08:32 PM - edited 16-05-2019 08:33 PM
The difference is when 4G was released EE had the monopoly. They were the first network with 4G for quite some time.
They wont be with 5G so the prices will be competitive.
Samsung S10 which is out is not a 5G version. That doesn't come out until June 10th which was only announced today.
16-05-2019 08:34 PM
@BrendonH Exactly my point...if it costs me more per month for a non 5G S10+ then no way will I get 5G for same or less then what Im currently on.
16-05-2019 08:36 PM
There is no 5G S10+. Only the standard size.
16-05-2019 08:49 PM
@nekromantik Why are you paying insurance then, and if you’re going to do what you say in your first post why are you paying insurance 😉
Get the new device via insurance get a sim only deal when you upgrade as you can upgrade to a full contract within 6 months or if you’ve been a EE customer for along time you can upgrade to a full contract any time. You can then sell the insurance device. No point in rushing out of EE until you know what’s coming
16-05-2019 08:57 PM
@Chris_B Insurance is for emergency situations if my phone stops working.
EE dont give you new phones via insurance. They give refurbished.
16-05-2019 09:05 PM
@nekromantik I know what they give I also know your you say your device has an issue and I also know that you’ve sad you might need to end you contact with EE to get the device you want, So why are you paying insurance if your not going to use it before you leave EE, that’s if your gong to leave EE.
16-05-2019 09:10 PM
@Chris_B As I was waiting to see if they put the non 5g version on the coming soon page. I am thinking of leaving if they do not release the non 5g version....
Whats the point in cancelling insurance and then week or two later the entire contract. Might as well do both same time.We will know for sure if they will have the phone or not by end of month. As it will been out for 2 weeks by then.
21-05-2019 11:21 AM
Just to settle your argument about price. Vodafone are offering customers 5G for no extra cost, that’s pretty much what EE are going to have to do to keep their customers. Even if you don’t have 5G immediately - which most people won’t you still will have 4G and a new phone you wanted.
22-05-2019 08:37 PM
Because the boss of OnePlus has admitted the battery life will be substantially worse with the 5g version. They also had to redesign the position of the new 5g modem and nfc module due to heat concerns. Basically unless you are in a 5g area (which for most people is unlikely for some time), you are much better off with the non 5g version, which for some bizarre reason EE are not going to sell