by Saju_MA Investigator
Investigator

OnePlus 7 pro battery drains

Hi,

I just got my OnePlus 2 days ago and it seems that battery drain quicker than my 2~ year old Huawei Honor 9, which should not be normal.

I had no WiFi or mobile data on, screen frequency at 60 and brightest to 25%, connected to my earphone via Bluetooth and I was just watching a movie, the battery drained by 32% for just watching the movie for 1 hour and 44 min. Is it normal?

Thanks

Screenshot_20191203-081159.jpg

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Saju_MA Investigator
Investigator
Solution

Re: OnePlus 7 pro battery drains

Hi,

I think I found out the problem.

I realised that if I charge the phone for about 5 minutes, the system would update the timer regarding "last full charge" to that period of time even if it was not actually fully charged. In fact today I did not charge my phone before going out and found out that actually 8% off battery was consumed overnight while it was off and although I used my phone for similar amount of time, I still have 83% of charge, instead of the 68% of yesterday. Although I am a bit confused of why yesterday it consumed more battery overnight and even though I did charge the fone for 10~ min I was left with 68% 🤔

Anyway, today report is: 

Screenshot_20191204-072708.jpg

Screenshot_20191204-073810.jpg

Thanks

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi there @Saju_MA

Thanks for coming back to the community.

It doesn't seem unusual for the length of time the screen has been on for when watching the movie.

I would monitor the battery usage and let us know how you get on

Leanne 🙂

by Saju_MA Investigator
Investigator

Oh ok, next time I will upload the battery usage report too.

It's just that I found it unusual that my new phone with 4000mAh was drained quicker than my 2~ year old phone with 3200mAh.

Will let you know tomorrow after I fully charged the battery again.

Thanks.

by

That would be great if you could @Saju_MA

Speak soon 🙂

Leanne.

by Saju_MA Investigator
Investigator
Solution

Hi,

I think I found out the problem.

I realised that if I charge the phone for about 5 minutes, the system would update the timer regarding "last full charge" to that period of time even if it was not actually fully charged. In fact today I did not charge my phone before going out and found out that actually 8% off battery was consumed overnight while it was off and although I used my phone for similar amount of time, I still have 83% of charge, instead of the 68% of yesterday. Although I am a bit confused of why yesterday it consumed more battery overnight and even though I did charge the fone for 10~ min I was left with 68% 🤔

Anyway, today report is: 

Screenshot_20191204-072708.jpg

Screenshot_20191204-073810.jpg

Thanks

View solution in original post

by

Thanks for the update @Saju_MA 🙂

James

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.