by Mjefford96
Explorer

OnePlus 5T Wifi-calling/VoLTE

Hi all,

I am in the process of the choosing a new network contract (Been with Three for 3 years), and I have it down to either EE or Voda. 

Whilst not officially sold by EE, will my OnePlus 5T work with EE Wifi-calling and VoLTE?

I see the relevant options enabled under 'SIM & Network' and the 'Volte Provisioned' flag is switched on.

I have read forum posts on here that suggest it will, but want to confirm with anyone that's had the experience of it working.

This is a major sticking point for me, so if it won't work I want to know before I take the plunge.

Many thanks in advance 🙂

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Mjefford96
Explorer
Solution

Re: OnePlus 5T Wifi-calling/VoLTE

Having just spoke on the OnePlus forums, I have just had confirmation from users on EE that VoLTE and VoWifi does work on the OP 5T.

So a note to anyone that does have a 5T, it will work on EE, but it isn't officially supported.

5 REPLIES 5
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Mjefford96  Have a read of THIS about WiFi calling on EE and what devices do and do not support the service.  And HERES the same about 4G/LTE calling 

by
EE Employee

Hi and welcome to the community @Mjefford96

Unfortunately, the device will not work with WIFI calling or VoLTE on EE.

Please see the wonderful information provided by @Chris_B above.

Many thanks,

Lee

by Mjefford96
Explorer
Solution

Having just spoke on the OnePlus forums, I have just had confirmation from users on EE that VoLTE and VoWifi does work on the OP 5T.

So a note to anyone that does have a 5T, it will work on EE, but it isn't officially supported.

by Pipps Investigator
Investigator

Confirmed. The new EE Pay Monthly UK sim card purchased today works immediately in the 5T that I purchased directly from OnePlus in Hong Kong 6 months ago. Great to see EE supporting WiFi calling on a wide range of devices. EE will get all of my business now. Thanks 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Pipps  While that device does work with WiFi calling it could easily of not worked.  It’s not EE supporting it it’s just a case of you got lucky that it does work.  

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.