by Midmajik Investigator
Investigator

Nougat patch

When are you (EE) going to roll out the patch for the Nougat issues with speaker firmware?

I have read elsewhere today that one of the reasons EE held this update back was because of some issues with the new update. Speaker volume drop being one of them. 

A patch....32.3.A.0.380 to update the 32.3.A.0.376 software upgrade has already been released for other carriers and phone models!

I have the Sony Xperia Z5 and it's now lost all its music capabilities. Headset works fine but speakers are like 1/2 volume. 

4 REPLIES 4
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: Nougat patch

Good morning @Midmajik

Sorry we don't  have any dates for when the update will be released.

Any updates are released in batches, meaning some users will have it before others.

You will be the first to know when you receive an update on the device once it's available.

Thanks

Richard

🙂

Highlighted
by Star Contributor
Star Contributor

@Richard_C can you confirm this devices updates are not link to OS updates so we can set a clearer expectation.

For your info EE has a policy which has resulted in the Samsung S6 devices not having security updates for 8 months.  Also the Huawei P9's current firmware is flawed but due to delays by EE the fixed rolled out by the manufacturer has not been passed on. This resulted in frustration for a new customer.

by Midmajik Investigator
Investigator

Thank you for that. I can't be dealing with such a vague response.

Sent from my Sony Xperia™ smartphone
by Star Contributor
Star Contributor

vague, standardised or templated updates are something i've been fighting on this forum, It is not helpful and incites frustration.  A change is needed.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.