by confuzzle Investigator
Investigator

Note 8 Gear VR

I pre ordered the note 8 before release. I'd pre ordered the offer with the "free" GEAR VR headset. Which had an upfront cost of £129. (The handet alone option was £9.99 upfront) both had the same monthly cost.

Unfortunately the model GEAR VR I have been sent is the SM-R324 which is not compatible with the note 8( it doesn't fit in it).

I'e spoken to customer services and they want me to send the handset and headset back to cancel my order. I will then need to wait a few days before re-upgrading my account. Not only will I be without phone for this period of time, but I will also miss out on the Samsung Dex promotion I was entitled too due to pre ordering the device. So I will lose out twice through no fault of my own? I kove the handset and it feels compketely stupid returnjng a fully functioning handset to re-order another one?!

Can someone please advice if any other options are open to me?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Note 8 Gear VR

Hi,

• Order the Dex, then send everything back?
  • As above, then order a Dex again with your second handset = Profit 
  • Call CS again tomorrow and speak to someone else (maybe more senior) 
  • Complain here

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Northerner wrote:

Calls outside that time (till 10pm weekdays and 8pm on weekends) cost 50p per call.

Your sig.: Didn't get rid of 10 PM closing & 50p surcharge?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by confuzzle Investigator
Investigator

The Dex promotion was only on pre orders though. It' not currently live on "new" orders.....

I'e put the promotion claim into Samsung but they said they don' action it for 30 days.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @confuzzle,

Welcome to the EE Community.

I'm sorry to hear you were sent the incorrect VR headset.

I've sent you a private message.

Thanks

James

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.