by ams892 Investigator
Investigator

Not receiving text

I am unable to receive texts from my daughter who lives in Canada she can receive texts from me. Is there something I can do to unblock her texts, so I get them? Neither her or myself have changed contracts or phones recently.  I was getting them up unitl January 2017 then they just stopped getting through.

7 REPLIES 7
by
EE Employee

Re: Not receiving text

Hi and welcome to the Community @ams892

So I can try and assist, please may I know the following:

• The type of handset you currently use?
  • Is your daughter able to text any other UK numbers without any issues?

Many thanks,

Lee

by ams892 Investigator
Investigator

My daughter can text other people in the family. I have a Nokia lumina handset. I had a Moto g previously but I didn't get texts from her on that either. I was getting texts from her up till the beginning of January this year and then they stopped getting through.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @ams892,

Could you ask your daughter to delete your contact details and save them again, making sure the correct international dialing code is included?

Please let us know if this resolves the issue.

Thanks

James

by ams892 Investigator
Investigator

She has tried that and it did not make any difference.  I also tried deleting her details from my phone and reentering them and that did not make any difference either.  I also asked her to text somebody else not related who has an EE number and they did not get the text either.

by
EE Employee

Hi @ams892

Are you able to see if your daughter can ask one of here friends in Canada who are on the same network to drop you a text.

Just to see if we can rule out if it is just her number?

Many thanks,

Lee

Highlighted
by ams892 Investigator
Investigator

My daughter got a friend to text me and I got that okay. Any ideas on what to do to fix this problem now?

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @ams892

Thank you for getting back to us 🙂

I would now advise to please get in touch with our Technical chat team about this.

If you are a pay monthly EE customer, when you select the EE option, there is a link to talk online to the technical guys.

Let me know how you get on.

Thanks

Richard

🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions