by Fatboyz Contributor
Contributor

Nokia 7 plus can't find android 9 update?

I've recently had to send my.phone away for a new screen after i broke it, but before sending I had to reset to factory settings for data protection. Upon receiving the phone back I've tried to update and all i can update to is the followingScreenshot_20190327-224550.png

1.  Before I sent the phone away, it was successfully upgraded to android 9 (just after xmas i received the update) and it was working fine. Why can't I get 9 anymore? And would a factory reset put it back to 8.1? Any help appreciated.
12 REPLIES 12
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Nokia 7 plus can't find android 9 update?

Hi @Fatboyz 

Are you sure it was on 9, as replacing the screen doesn't need the firmware changing. Have you checked the IMEI to ensure its the same device you sent off?

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by Fatboyz Contributor
Contributor

Will double check the imei when I'm back home, will dig out the box it came in. But surely I should be able to upgrade to 9?

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Fatboyz.

Welcome to the community.

Let us know when you've checked the IMEI number matches.

If you've been on Android 9 before you should be able to get it again, I'd recommend speaking with Nokia if it's not allowing you to do it.

Jon

by Fatboyz Contributor
Contributor

Have you got any contact details for nokia in the uk or would it be HMD who i have to contact??

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Nokia UK

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by

Hi @Fatboyz.

You'd be best speaking with Nokia directly.

Thanks @XRaySpeX!

Jon

by Fatboyz Contributor
Contributor

Spoke to Nokia and that was a bit of a fob off. Device is still adapting after factory reset, is that right??Screenshot_20190328-125734.png

by

Hi @Fatboyz.

Thanks for getting back to us.

That doesn't sound right, a factory reset is an instant process and once the phone is turned back on it would be completed.

Jon

by Fatboyz Contributor
Contributor

Right spoke to my insurance company (protect my bubble) and they said no other work has been done apart from the screen. But under 180 day warranty to send back if need be. But I don't want to reset and send back just for them to tell me its not an issue with them but it's an issue with Nokia? So where do I go from here? 

Is it Nokia? Or is it an android/google issue?? How are the updates sent out? Should it be an instant thing or are they sent out in batches??

by

Thanks @Fatboyz.

I'd recommend contacting Nokia again.

They send out the software to the phone and would be able to answer any software related questions.

Jon

by Fatboyz Contributor
Contributor

Think I will give it a few weeks and see if the update comes. Will also have a word with Nokia again.

by Fatboyz Contributor
Contributor

After trawling the net i found a brilliant website regarding the updating of my phone. Turns out Nokia were fobbing me off. There update servers only go back to January 2019 onwards for updates, so after plenty of advice and instruction I managed to manually update my phone to android 9 and to February security patch 👍

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.