by PhantomR1982 Investigator
Investigator

Nokia 7.1 - September 2019 Security Update Has Caused Stuck Download Mode !!!!

Hiya All,

The Latest Security Update For September 2019 downloaded in the background to my Android 9.0/Nokia 7.1 Device without alerting me until it needed a restart which i didnt do at all,however i was just trying to attack a gym in Pokemon Go a few days ago and the game must have caused a memory leak and forced the phone to randomly reboot and applied the update just like how i went from Android 8.1 (on the phone when delivered) to Android 9.0 without permission...the device now just sits on the android one screen with Download Mode in the top left.

However as of now Nokia Chat Support are useless and only require me to send the phone off to them outside of the UK as no one else has reported the issues i've mentioned Apparently However loads of people complaining of the same issues.

They wont even escalate the issue to find a solution and i have quite a lot of important critical data that i need to access and possibly backup first before even thinking of sending it off as i i don't want to reset my device losing all the data.

I've currently now got an expensive bookstop that can only be charged and drained

How many others are affected by this ???

Kind Regards 

PhantomR1982

5 REPLIES 5
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: Nokia 7.1 - September 2019 Security Update Has Caused Stuck Download Mode !!

Hi @PhantomR1982 

Welcome to the EE Community.

Our Mend And Lend process would be similar I'm afraid, sending the phone away to be repaired.

You could try searching on an Android forum to see if other users have found a fix for this.

Jon​​​​​​​

Investigator

Re: Nokia 7.1 - September 2019 Security Update Has Caused Stuck Download Mode !!

Hiya @Jon_K 

I dont mind sending my phone off under the warranty,however id like to at least access the phone to backup my data,texts,images,etc first...there is a "fastboot" procedure that people can use to factory reset there devices using a hidden recovery mode but for me that is a last resort.

Is there any other forums you can recommend ??

Regards 

PhantomR1982

by
EE Community Support Team

Thanks @PhantomR1982.

Have you tried the Nokia Forum?

Jon

Investigator

Hiya @Jon_K  

Yes That Was my first point of call hoping that some of there developers were listening to issues that customers maybe having...then onto nokia live chat who keep rudely either telling me to send my device off to poland at my cost for warranty repair which they then return unrepaired with an excuse of water damage or disconnecting me from there live chat with no solution or help but they say they will pass the details to the development team but dont take my details for them to contact me.

This is why i i hoped someone here might have a different idea to get out of this "download mode" hang...there is a solution for hard resetting the device using "fastboot"  commands but that loses all data in the process and that is my last resort.

I shall investigate a bit more and see what i can come up with as theres got to be a simple solution to this so where.

Kind Regards

PhantomR1982

Investigator

Any other ideas Will be appreciated ???

Kind Regards

PhantomR

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.