by Fantomas Investigator
Investigator

Nokia 7.1 Not updating to Android 9

Hi Everyone

I took an Nokia 7.1 on contract from an EE Store in Burnley on 2/12/18 and shortly after christmas I received the android 9 update.  A month or so later my phone started rebooting at random intervals, at least one or twice a day.  I took the phone in to the EE store and they sent it away for repair.  1 week later I collected the returned phone only to find the problem still existed and that the phone was on Android 8.1 and it wouldnt update.  The phone was sent away again and I collected it this week and so far the reboot problem has been OK.  But, the version is still on 8.1 and when I try to update it says it is up to date.  The latest security patch is November 1 2018.

When I collected the phone, the guy in store checked that it would update and it appeared to find the Android 9 download and start downloading, but he cancelled it and handed the phone to me.  Now whenever I try it doesnt find the update.  I have tried it on different WiFi networks as well as on 4G.  I have rebooted the phone and also tried the update without the sim card in.  All to no joy.

Am I missing something ?  Any help would be great !  The access to stock Android and prompt updates was the main reason for choosing this device and so far I havent had much luck.

Thanks
Matthew 

5 REPLIES 5
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Nokia 7.1 Not updating to Android 9

Hi @Fantomas 

You should boot into recovery mode and then clear the cache, one done restart and then try updating your device again. 

Thanks, 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by Fantomas Investigator
Investigator

Hi

Thanks for the reply, unfortunately there is no option to clear the cache in the recovery mode on the Nokia 7.1.  Anymore suggestions, this is extremely frustrating 🙂

Thanks
Matthew

by
EE Community Team

Hi @Fantomas,

Welcome to the community 🙂

Have you had a look at the Nokia 7.1 device guide for the settings?

Our customer care team will be able to talk you through resetting your device and downloading the new software.

Alex 🙂

by Fantomas Investigator
Investigator

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I am very familiar with the settings, however, I
have been unable to do the update using the usual method.

I have spoken to customer services who advised me to talk the phone into
the shop in the first place and the phone has come back with the same issue
and downgraded software

I will be raising a complaint as this situation has gone on long enough.

Thanks
Matthew
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi there @Fantomas

Thanks for coming back to us.

I have sent you a private message on here to get some details.

Leanne.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.