by nikkilocke Investigator
Investigator

Nokia 5 mobile data stops working until reboot

I have a Nokia 5 bought from my local ee store. I have a pay monthly 4g ee contract.

If I stray out of mobile signal range (very easy to do here on the Welsh Borders), often when I get a signal back, I am unable to connect to the Internet. I see the triangular signal strength meter showing a good signal, but there is no 4g or h or whatever icon next to it. 

I have tried turning mobile data off and on again, and turning WiFi off, and turning airplane mode on and off again. Still no Internet. 

But if I stay in the exact same place, and reboot the phone, I get a 4g signal, and the Internet comes back. 

How can I fix this? Should I take the phone back to the store for a refund or replacement? 

Nikki

5 REPLIES 5
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: Nokia 5 mobile data stops working until reboot

Hello there @nikkilocke

Welcome to the community.

How long have you had the Nokia 5?

Are you able to test your SIM in another phone, to see if the same thing happens?

Speak soon, Leanne 🙂

Investigator

I bought the phone on 5 June. 

It is difficult to test in another phone - it is an intermittent fault and I don't have another phone which allows WiFi calling (essential to me where I live, as the signal is so poor).

Plus there is no point in waiting till it happens, then trying the sim in another phone, for the act of rebooting fixes the problem anyway! 

Regards 

Nikki 

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi there @nikkilocke

Thanks for coming back to me.

No problem, it would've helped us to see if this was the SIM card or the phone causing the data not to work and a reboot needed.

We will see what else we can do to help.

I have sent you a private message on here to get some details from you.

Speak soon, Leanne 🙂

Investigator

Thanks. Someone did call me, and said I could take the phone back to the shop, when they would lend me another one and send it off for repair. But she said the same thing happened on her phone sometimes (not even a Nokia 5), so I don't think it is a fault in the phone, just an android software problem, in which case it is not worth my going through the hassle.

I wonder if you could escalate the problem to your software team, as it is obviously a common bug, which they should investigate 

Thanks for your help so far, 

Nikki 

by
EE Employee

Hi @nikkilocke,

Have you backed up your phone and performed a master reset to see if that helps?

Many thanks,

Lee

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.