by Bruzahol
Explorer

No signal / internet

Hello. I have spoken to someone on live chat to try and solve this issue but I've had no joy. At my place of work De24 9Bd, the signal on my phone is more or less non existent. I hardly get signal bars and I also get the circle with a line through. My internet never works. It used to work before Christmas time but has been terrible since. I can't even receive or send calls / texts most of the time. My 4g is fine elsewhere so I know there is no fault with my SIM or handset. I am getting tired of having no phone at work and thinking about a new provider if this can't be resolved. Thank you (Samsung s9)

16 REPLIES 16
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Re: No signal / internet

Have you tried the classic turning it off and on?

The network status states no known issues in that area. But there is a report a problem button

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Pie 9.0)
If I have helped please click the STAR/SOLUTION buttons below
by Bruzahol
Explorer

I've tried turning it off and on. I've also reset all the network settings back to default and still no luck. I don't know if the building blocks signal as it's a factory. But it did used to work.

by
EE Community Support Team

Good Evening @Bruzahol

Thanks for coming to the community.

Have you reported the signal problem on our EE Network Status Checker?

If you follow the below steps, we will be get this looked into;

• Enter the postcode in question and tap the ‘Report A Problem’ button.

• You will be asked for further information around your problem so we can do some further investigation.

• We will get back to you within 48 hours with an update.

Thanks, Leanne 🙂

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hi, @Bruzahol and @BrendonH

Can I just ask if you've moved in to a different part of the factory since Christmas? As this could be the reason for a poor signal!

Regards

mAh8v

by Bruzahol
Explorer

Okay thank you. I've just done it. 🙂

by Bruzahol
Explorer

Nope, same place, same phone. I think a few others have mentioned the internet being very poor too. So not sure what's happened. As soon as I go outside it's fine. Very strange 

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hi, @Bruzahol,

Fine outside, but not inside?

Weird? That's got me totally flummoxed!? 😡

Regards

mAh8v

by Bruzahol
Explorer

Yeah me too. I can literally go outside the door and get 4g+ With full bars. As soon as I go back inside it struggles to send a text. 

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hi, @Bruzahol,

There is one other option! Does the factory have any "electrical field" anywhere? That could cause interference! 😊

Regards

mAh8v

by Bruzahol
Explorer

It may do, I am unsure. It was ok before Christmas but there is a lot of work going on around the factory so maybe something is interfering. But wouldn't it also interfere outside as the door I go out is about 15 meters or less from where I get no signal. 

by

Thanks for reporting this to us @Bruzahol

We will be able to get this looked into for you.

Let us know how you get on 🙂

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hi, @Bruzahol,

With the huge advance in "tech" anything is possible! And since you just mentioned a lot of work going on around the factory - some machines don't have interference supressors, these are circuits that cut-out any interference caused!

Regards

mAh8v

by Bruzahol
Explorer

Thank you Leanne. 

12 hours is a long shift without internet. I have been wondering if I should get a 4g wifi box from and keep it outside the door or may be just inside the door so I could connect to it. But I don't really want the extra expense. Especially if it made no difference

by

That would be a long shift for you @Bruzahol

Keep us updated 🙂

Hope this is resolved soon for you. 

Leanne.

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hi, @Bruzahol,

Sorry! For rambling on with my "techno' babble" hehe 😊

Take care! 😊

mAh8v

by Bruzahol
Explorer

No problem. Appreciate the help! 

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.