by CB12
Explorer

No notifications until open apps, causing more data to be used?

I currently have the Sony ZX and I am having a problem receiving notifications on the lock screen, mainly from WhatsApp & Snapchat. I only see that I have new notifications when I go in and open the apps myself which is therefore using up data (especially snapchat) having to open up the apps and waiting for data to load through and show notifications. Has anybody else experienced this problem? How do I get the notifications to start coming through again? This has been on-going over the last 5-6 weeks...

5 REPLIES 5
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: No notifications until open apps, causing more data to be used?

@CB12  This will be a setting on your device that you have changed and this doesn't use more data as that data will be used in the background to push the notifications to the device in the first place.  

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hi, 

@CB12

Go in your WhatsApp settings> notifications  and turn on popup notification on if you want to see them on lock screen. 

Many Thanks 

by CB12
Explorer

Thank you, I will give this a try. No idea how it has turned off though/ notifications stopped coming through. They work fine when connected to Wifi, they just don't come through when out and about (off WiFi).

Any idea on snapchat, why I am not receiving notifications for this? Again, they come through fine when connected to WiFi.

🙂 

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hi,

@CB12

Please go in to your phone settings > Data usage >and check in there if your data saver on or off if it on turn that off and then check how it work.

Many Thanks 

by
EE Employee

Hi @CB12 and welcome to the community.

Just to add on what @tahirmian has mentioned, please do follow the bellow menu path.

Settings- Notification & status bar - double check that all the notifications are turned on.

Many thanks,

Lee

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.