by DesertFox Investigator
Investigator

No Sim Card

Hi,

My old phone broke, so I was using my sisters old phone and did not use my sim for a month as there phone does not use a micro sim. Today I got my micro sim transferred to a standard sim and have it in my phone tablet, but my tablet says "no sim card" (I'm using Android Lilipop). When I search for networks and select EE 3G it says "Registered on Network", but still, "no sim card". Can anyone help me? For what it's worth,  I installed WhatsApp and registered my number and that went through fine. Does that mean my number is still okay? Thanks for your time. 

Regards, 

Fox

5 REPLIES 5
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: No Sim Card

What networks were your old phone, your sister's old phone & your tablet originally on (or bought from)?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Investigator

My sisters phone was EE. But I didn't have that micro sim in her phone. The tablet did not have any specific network associated with it. When I put her phone's sim in my tablet it comes up with EE perfectly. When I my new sim - with my old sims details transferred from micro sim to large standard sim - it says "no sim card. I don't know what to do! 😥

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Yes, so what network was your old phone & therefore its SIM on?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Investigator

My old phone was EE. Thus the old sim was EE too. 

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @DesertFox,

Welcome back to the EE Community.

It can take up to 24 hours for your new SIM to activate.

Is it working yet?

Thanks

James

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.