by Jangla Investigator
Investigator

No Oneplus 7 Pro?

I get that EE are going to be bringing the Pro 5G but why not the standard 4G OnePlus 7 Pro?!

Given the amount of enthusiasm for the device in the Android space, this seems like a massive miss for EE.

8 REPLIES 8
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: No Oneplus 7 Pro?

Hi @Jangla,

Welcome to the EE Community.

We don't have any plans to range the 4G OnePlus 7 Pro at the moment but you can register your interest here to be the first to find out about the latest phones coming to EE.

Thanks

James

by redbullman Established Contributor
Established Contributor

This is absolute madness.  Most places won't get 5g for some time.  Plus One Plus have admitted the 5g version will be much more battery intensive.  Plus they had to redesign the modem and nfc positioning due to heat reasons.  In short the 5g version for many people is simply not as good.  3 network have already started to sell the non 5g version.  EE will lose some customers to 3.  I assume the decision to only stock the 5g version is to push 5g, but this is a big mistake, especially to true Android enthusiasts who have had one plus phones since the one plus one.

Very disappointing decision by EE 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Not surprisingly EE is making a big thing of their 5G coverage.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Established Contributor

Might not be surprising but still just as disappointing.  Since when don't a network stock the normal version (and most popular) of a phone?  The OnePlus 7 pro is clearly the most advanced phone on the market and I was going to upgrade next month. Looks like I'm off to 3.  First of many if they don't have a change of heart!

by Jangla Investigator
Investigator

Bonkers. I live in a city and barely get 3G in one room of my house, nothing in the rest. On any network. The only reason I went for EE was the easier WiFi calling.

5G won't arrive here for at least a year or two so why would I stay with EE if they're purposely holding back from selling the hottest devices purely to push a network technology I won't be able to use?

My contact is up so I'm a free agent. Here's hoping Three stock more than the base version in the coming weeks as I'll have no problem giving them my money.

Established Contributor

I wouldn't call the pro the base version. It's exactly the same except no 5g.  Oh and also none 5g has better battery life.  My only issue with 3 is they appear to only stock the 6gb internal memory version.

by Jangla Investigator
Investigator

Er....where did the other page and a half of this thread go?

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Jangla

It looks like there is two different threads. Is this the other thread?

Thanks, 

Katie 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.