by jen_kl90 Investigator
Investigator

New sim card activation / sim swap

Hello there, I have trouble activating my new sim card. I forgot to type in the last 2 numbers, when I did it online... what could I do now? 

Can anyone help me?

6 REPLIES 6
by Profile closed
Not applicable

Re: New sim card activation / sim swap

Hello @jen_kl90 the online form should not have let you continue unless you entered 14digits. Did you get a success/confirmation page after? Are either of your SIM cards working right now? 🙂 

by jen_kl90 Investigator
Investigator

hey @Profile closed, yes I did... That's the reason why I'm a bit confused now ;). No, both are not working right now. 

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hello @jen_kl90 that is very unusual. What happens when you call your number? There is no possibility you could have entered the wrong last 2digits by mistake? If a wrong serial number is entered after receiving the verification code then there could be a chance the number will have swapped to the wrong SIM card.

Try restarting them both tonight and in the morning to see if either start working. If not customer service or Live Chat if it is an EE personal pay monthly account can look in to this for you and get one of the SIM cards up and running. :):

https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/Pay-monthly/EE-Live-Chat-ways-to-chat-online/m-p/527811

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @jen_kl90

Thanks for coming to community and it's lovely to have a new member 🙂

I see @Profile closed has given you fantastic help already, just wondering if this has been solved as it would be great to share the outcome with community.

Please do let us know if you get some time.

Cheers

Richard

🙂

by jen_kl90 Investigator
Investigator

@Profile closed thank you so much for your help :)! 

by Profile closed
Not applicable

You are welcome @jen_kl90 come back to the community anytime if there is anything else you would like to know. 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.