by FlyingWolf Contributor
Contributor

New HTC U11 anyone?

Hi,

My last four handsets have all been HTC units (currently the owner of an M8 which has been fabulous but is very much on its last legs battery-wise) and now need to upgrade. After doing a fair bit of research, I've taken the plunge (some might say a gamble) on the new HTC U11. I have to say I've really struggled to get any sense of interest or favourable reaction in HTC from staff in either of the my two local EE stores, Rugby and Daventry - it's almost as though they seemed disincentivised to recommend the brand. Undeterred, I've ended up going to Carphone Warehouse where I received a much more favourable reaction and a much better deal price-wise, albeit still on monthly contract with EE.

So it's early days, but any user feedback yet on the U11? I'll post some thoughts once I've used it a bit.

Thanks,

FW 

7 REPLIES 7
by
EE Employee

Re: New HTC U11 anyone?

Good Morning @FlyingWolf

It's seems to have some good reviews - especially on the stuff.tv website.

I'm loving the sound of the 'Squeeze to Please' function!

Hopefully you'll get some other users popping on with some reviews.

Definitely pop back and let us know what you think of the phone.

Thanks - Karen. Smiley Happy

Contributor

Certainly will 🙂

by
EE Employee

by Bosshogg Established Contributor
Established Contributor

At that price bracket it is down to individual preferences.  Can't really go wrong. 

Pretty great specs all round. 

Apart from the screen,  5.5" is so 2014.

Had a play in store only. Maybe half an hour. Very quick. But no quicker than my year old OnePlus3. But then neither is my S8. 

Think the push screen is a bit of a gimmick though. 

As I always say atm though, pick any phone up just now and it looks so dated next to the S8/+. 

Please let us know how you get on. 

Electronic Engineer by day.
Geek by night.
Contributor

Hi Bosshogg,

I didn't actually see the U11 up and running as neither of the two EE stores or the CW store I visited had anything other than a dummy casing on show. EE said they couldn't even get one before the end of this week. So I've taken it based on reviews I've read and the fact I've had four previous HTC units - a gamble maybe. I did have a look at the S8/S8+ but like the iPhone, it seems everyone's got one now and I just wanted something different. I was tempted by the Haewei P10 however and may look at the brand next time. Too early to comment on the U11 - CW came up with the goods and delivered it today however which I'm pretty impressed with. Just need a decent case to keep it in. I've had Spigen Ruged Armor cases previously, but they haven't produced one for the U11, yet anyway.   

by
EE Employee

Hi @FlyingWolf

If you do get a spare 5 minutes, I think a review would be brilliant 🙂

I have the P10 and I love it.

Many thanks,

Lee

by Bosshogg Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Great. Thanks for replying. 

Speedy delivery, so happy new phone day 🙂 

Don't think you will be disappointed tbh, the specs are pretty good. 

Although, how are you finding the sense ui after so many htc's in a row? Still fresh enough?

Im also a Spigen fan, have the slim one on my S8. They are great quality. Are you going to try something else until one comes out for the U11, or be a brave soul and go naked? 🙂 

As above, let us know your thoughts once you try it out a bit more. 

Electronic Engineer by day.
Geek by night.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.