by Goose14

My phone broke but I am still paying the bill

My phone broke about 1year 6 months ago! If you check the details. I do not use any data on it and it's not been switched on. It had been dropped and broke so I got a new phone. But realised i am still paying for this phone. Should i be doing this? As i do not use my phone. What can you do to help me sort out this problem. As I do not enough enough as it is and get £34 out if my account a month

3 REPLIES 3
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Re: My phone broke but I am still paying the bill

Hello @Goose14 ,

Welcome to the community,

Contracts do not just stop, after the minimum term, it is up to you to either continue with the same contract or cancel or change to a sim only or pay as you go, as it continues on a 30 day rolling contract. 

You will have to speak to customer service to change this to a sim only contract.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Goose14   Broke phone or not you agreed to a contract for a set amount of time.  You have to pay that contract until it’s minimum term or you give notice to end that contract but you’ll be required to pay off that contract.  You could of purchased a device and put your sim in that device so you didn’t have to take out a new contract. 

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Goose14

Welcome to the community.

If you get in touch with our Mobile Care team, they will go through your options with you.

Let us know how you get on.

Leanne.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.