by niroshan Investigator
Investigator

My galaxy s6 didn't get any security patch update after October 2016

I got my phone from EE. My phone is Samsung Galaxy s6. I didn't have any security patch after October 2016. Can anyone reply to my question.

7 REPLIES 7
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: My galaxy s6 didn't get any security patch update after October 2016

@niroshan  Have EE pushed it out yet ? As I don't think it has been.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @niroshan

Thank you for joining and posting in community 🙂

Your handset will receive a notification when any update is available.

Thanks

Richard

🙂

by Star Contributor
Star Contributor

@Richard_C please have some respect for your customers and address them with recent information and not generic updates which you know are incorrect.

So welcome @niroshan to EE the fastest network with the slowest update policy thats a secret.  By now you've noticed you can download really really fast almost everywhere you want to but your device is very very behind on security and OS updates and features.  This is an issue thats been going on for years and even though very many people have tried to find out why we've never ever got a clear answer to why EE choose this policy.  Forum admins and managers all hit dead ends and fail to get any information and feel frustration and EE customers feel the only why they can have update and more importantly secure device.  This isn't just a Samsung issue but i've been made aware EE are making a policy change to not have all the security updates rolled in with the OS update.  This is why your phone is so far behind with security updates.

Please join us in pushing EE to provide the most up to date and secure phone as possible (this is an EE specific issue) i strongly feel we deserve it and if not we deserve to know why.

See the below threads for more info.

https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/Android/List-devices-behind-on-security-and-OS-updates/td-p/526289

https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/Android/Samsung-S6-security-updates/td-p/420515/page/13

Note this post from earlier today by another customer.

"I have been with EE for years but as time has moved along and the increasing vulnerability of anything and everything connected to the Internet, I can't stay with a provider who offers the fastest speeds and best coverage but doesn't seem to have the ability to keep up with everyone else in keeping our devices more secure. I shall be leaving EE as soon as my contract expires. Their lack of speed with updates and refusal to provide reasons why is not acceptable for me. Sorry EE. I'm off."

Mark L

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

@Bellyman

Your tyrade against everyone on here is a little harsh.

They are saying what is actually correct at the time.

You could just post your information without attacking the original reply. This would be more helpful.

Infact a peaceful campaign will be better than a full blown attack.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Pie 9.0)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
by Star Contributor
Star Contributor

I beleive i've not said anything incorrect and wrong.  It is not personal as i'm aware the forum admins are being made to say what the business tells them to say.  However in private messages their frustration is apparent as they are ignored by other departments and no information given.

It is not for me to back away from seeking clarity and an improvement to the service it is for the staff and the business to acknowledge the issue and join with us.

We all know the issue we all agree its wrong but to many accept it and accept they can not change it.  Why?

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

I'm not saying back away from it.

I have told you I would still be at it if I could but you need to have a peaceful campaign.

I am suprised I am not banned yet. I have even sent @ElenaG an private PM about my @brendonx account. I won't wait for a reply I probably won't get one.

You need to keep it peaceful and probably start a new thread with a better subject or if you are still able to change the subject on your current one. (This feature may have been removed since I last used it)

Subject should read something like....

"Should EE release Android updates in a more timely fashion"

Something like that.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Pie 9.0)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
by Star Contributor
Star Contributor

I understand but to find out some one was banned a while ago for this very issue only shows how long the issue has been going on for and how little the business listens and is willing to make a progressive change.  

"Should EE release Android updates in a more timely fashion" the answers yes, the real question is why aren't they and every other carrier is and seemingly cares more.  

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.