by June1uk
Visitor

My ee contract was up in September. They are still taking the money? Help!

I bought a new phone in 2015. The contract was up in September 2017. I have been stopped a payment for October and November and another one due December 4th! Have looked on the page for somewhere to cancel but only find offers for a new phone or sim card. I'm about to cancel my direct debit but can I be refunded for October and November? I've hardly used the phone but would pay for the few calls I made. Seems totally unfair to keep stopping this money when the phone is now paid for in full! Can anyone help? I'm new at this!

3 REPLIES 3
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: My ee contract was up in September. They are still taking the money? Help!

@June1uk  You have to call customer services to give 30 days notice as a contract will change to a 30 day rolling tariff at the minimum term if you do not give notice to end the contract.  Your also paying for the call time,texts and data not just the device on the contract. You’ll not get a refund as you have to give notice yourself and as you say you have used the device.  

by
EE Community Support Team

Hello @June1uk

Thanks for posting on the community.

Did you call us to cancel the contract in September?

You would need to contact us and let us know you want to end the contract and we will cancel this after 30 days.

Thanks. Leanne.

by uvarvu Established Contributor
Established Contributor

What made you think you would stop paying once your contract is up?  This isn't O2, the onus is on you to give your thirty days notice to switch to SIMO.

This ending contract stuff was reported in the news last month.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2017/oct/20/uk-mobile-customers-stung-bysharp-practices-says-...

Total non story.  If you can't manage your phone contract properly then you shouldn't be allowed to own a phone.   I saw that O2 was bigging up their refresh contracts, funnily enough they don't mention that those are more expensive than purchasing a phone outright...

Sorry but this nonsense makes me so angry....

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.