by Fatquinny Investigator
Investigator

My Sony Experis phone is not charging. I was online to chat and got cut off

My phone isn't charging.  I tried my SIM (contract) in an unlocked phone but it just comes up (not registered on network).

I somehow managed to chat on the EE site, and a rep was starting to help me troubleshoot charging as he though **bleep** would be easier as we are abroad.  

Lost internet and lost chat and now can't get back into chat.

Please help as we're really struggling.
PS due an upgrade, but haven't decided which yet.

4 REPLIES 4
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: My Sony Experis phone is not charging. I was online to chat and got cut of

Hi @Fatquinny 

Make sure the charging port is clean. Also try another charger. If that still doesn't work then take your phone into EE and they will send it away for a repair quote (unless it's within warranty)

Your other phone cannot be unlocked if it doesn't register your EE sim on the network.

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
Investigator

It is unlocked, we use it with different SIMS no problem.  I think it's because we are abroad, and the actual network is an EE partner not EE.

I really wanted to know, what activated the chat, and why can't I get back into it?

by Profile closed
Not applicable

@Fatquinny it could be your charging cable that has become faulty.

Investigator

Cables fine, I've got it working, took SIM out and SD memory then re inserted SIM.  Got it working eventually but charging very slow but seems more consistent from powerbank.

Checked voltage on charger 5v spot on, but it's 2.6A and the guy from EE said that might be too high??  Don't fully understand this.

IT's been flaky for last few days, but managed to keep it on powerbank when not in use.  

Will just have to take 2 powerbanks every day now!

Thanks for advice 

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.