by sutherland45 Investigator
Investigator

My Galaxy note 8 shows my phone number as unknown when looking at settings about

My phone was showing its own number as unknown under settings about phone. Also when looking at Sim card manager. Android 7.1.1 Galaxy note8

Settings > About phone

Or 

Settings > Connections> Sim card manager. 

Called EE chose options for Technical Support. Spoke to adviser asked her to do a refresh network settings for my phone. After taking me through security she did this. It did cause the call to be dropped as she was warning me. Afterwards, my tel number did appear in settings once I had re-started my mobile. Ensure you reboot your phone! 

Voila! All sorted my tel number appears instead of 'unknown'. No need to reply to this question as Ive answered it. Of course as others have suggested if you have an apple phone. Put the sim in that phone temporarily and use iOS menus to change the sim phone number then put it back into your android phone and hopefully that'll work too!

3 REPLIES 3
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: My Galaxy note 8 shows my phone number as unknown when looking at settings a

Good Afternoon @sutherland45

Thanks surprise.png

Thank you for sharing this great piece of advice, I'm sure this will help others in future who have a similar issue

I'd love to send you a voucher as a thank you for sharing your solution.

I've sent over a private message asking for your details, please take a look and get back to me.

Thanks, Leanne 🙂

by sutherland45 Investigator
Investigator

Re: My Galaxy note 8 shows my phone number as unknown when looking at settings a

Thanks Leanne . Wow! that is a lovely New Year gesture. Thank you! I replied to your email separately with my details as requested. I enjoy sharing solutions as I have benefitted from others who too have shared great tips. Its good to share! 

by
EE Community Support Team

Hello there @sutherland45

That is great to here 🙂

I have your details and a voucher from super cheques is on its way to you.

Keep an eye on your email inbox.

Hope to see you around in the community 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.