by TheOx Investigator
Investigator

Mobile Data problems

Hi.

I have a Samsung A5 which is three months old. For the past 3 weeks when on EE mobile data, I cannot log into a football discussions forum I have been using without problem for the last ten years.  It works fine on wifi. I have tried all the resets but it still will not work.

Can anyone offer any help please.

11 REPLIES 11
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Mobile Data problems

Hi @TheOx

Do you receive any type of message such as content lock? 

Can you log into your online account to establish if this is active?

It could also be a DNS problem if the forum has changed servers. Are you using your browser such as chrome or tapatalk?

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Could it be Switching Content Lock on or off ?

What site(s) can't you get to?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by TheOx Investigator
Investigator

Hi @Northerner

No, I don't get any message. 

I know the forum owner and there's been no sever change.

Got to be honnest, I don't really know which online account you mean. EE or the forum ? Don't know what you mean by DNS seting. I'm not that good with tech stuff. 

I did ask the same question on the forum I'm having problems with and it was suggested it could because I have a combination of ee network and samsung phone.

Thanks for your reply.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

It meant can you login to your MyEE a/c, not here which we can see you can.

You have no control of the DNS on the EE Mobile network.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

So what happens when you try to log into these sites? Let us know each step you do and exactly what goes wrong and what you would expect to happen instead.

Which sites are they?

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @TheOx

Welcome to the community. 🙂

Have you turned your content lock off through your My EE account?

It would be brilliant if you could get back to us following @Techhead's advice too.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Chris

by TheOx Investigator
Investigator

Hi @Christopher_G 

When I'm in places with no wifi connection, I do the following.

Turn off wifi on my phone.

Turn on mobile data

I then try and connect to

www.liverpoolway.co.uk

I then get a message saying, this page isn't working

(fyi, it works fine on wifi connection)

I have just been into the shop where I got the phone & also renewed my phone plan and the guy in there said it could be a SSL certificate issue.

I've asked the question on the forum I'm having problems with and it seems I'm not the only person experiencing this problem and we all have a EE + Samsung device.

Hope the above makes sense.

@TheOx

by

Thanks for the detailed response, @TheOx.

Have you checked the content lock status on your My EE account? There could be an advert/promotion on the forum that's triggering an over-18 block.

If it's off, I recommend speaking to our technical support team.

They'll be able to help further.

Thanks

Chris

by Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

I've checked this site on Wi-Fi and found:

A warning about the sites security certificates.

There is content missing.

On my work WiFi I get an error 503 - which means the site is overloaded or misconfigured.

I tried it using EE mobile data and also get an error 503 (using a Samsung Galaxy S8 and an LGG6).

I tried it using Three mobile data and got a "This site can't be loaded" message. Refreshing, I could get the full version of the site to load but not the mobile version.

Looking into it a bit further. The site (especially the mobile skin) needs updating and it's using http rather than https, so some browsers will flag it as it's inherently insecure.

A puzzle.

by uvarvu Established Contributor
Established Contributor

It works fine here on my phone (Pixel 2XL/Android P/EE) both on and off the wifi.   Works on my laptop too.

by

Thanks for testing that, @uvarvu

Chris

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.