by curlygirl Investigator
Investigator

Mis-selling in stores - upgrading to contracts not required - what to do now?

My 81 year old Dad as an existing ee customer went into a store for advice - wanting to upgrade his phone. He ended up being sold a package with a tablet he DOESNT WANT. He wasnt offered the phone upgrade he requested but was told he had to have a package - which he signed up to - at £37 per month for 2 years rather than £19 per month for the phone which he asked for. His granddaughter subsequently returned with him to the store to take the tablet back and to rectify situation to get the contract that he originally requested as was aware that he was completely taken advantage of for a sale. The store were not co-operative and wouldnt accept the tablet back and wouldnt rectify this. He doesnt want a tablet or the contract he has been sold. What should he do now? Having read a few threads on here I can see that this is not an isolated incident.  I am aware that he can make a complaint via Resolver that would then include contact with the Ombudsman. Report to Trading Standards? Appeal again to the Store Manager?? Ideally he would now like to cancel Direct Debit, return equipment, leave EE and take out a contract with another provider. Any advice gratefully received.

7 REPLIES 7
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Re: Mis-selling in stores - upgrading to contracts not required - what to do now

When they went back did they speak to the store manager.

I would suggest trying again. But be firm without shouting etc.

The manager can at his or her discretion cancel the contracts.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Pie 9.0)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: Mis-selling in stores - upgrading to contracts not required - what to do now

Hi @curlygirl 

Welcome to the community.

I'm sorry to hear that your dad and his grand-daughter haven't had the great experience that we'd expect them to in store.

I've sent you a private message to get some more information from you.

Please take a look and get back to me.

Thanks

Chris

Investigator

I was pleased with how EE rectified the situation above (notwithstanding that it was disturbing that it happened to begin with). However I now find that my Dad has had £48.42 taken by Direct Debit from his account by EE - despite being assured that it was all dealt with and that he had been transferred to the £19 package per month that he had originally requested with immediate effect. He has only made a handful of calls and texts since - well within the package limits!!. Explanation and advice re what to do now gratefully received. My faith in EE still is subsequently rather shaky....Thank you

by

It's great to hear the original problem has been fixed, @curlygirl.

Is the price plan change something that was discussed in-store or over the phone with us?

Chris

Investigator

It was agreed over the phone and Dad was assured it would all be sorted and he didnt need to do anything further.

by

OK, thanks @curlygirl

I've sent you another private message.

Please have a look at your inbox.

Chris

Investigator

Thank you for prompt action

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.