by houdini2010 Investigator
Investigator

Mate 20 pro and emui 9.1

My mate 20 pro is showing emui 9.1 as available in hicare but no download in settings,is this an EE problem.

8 REPLIES 8
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Mate 20 pro and emui 9.1

Hi @houdini2010 

Try downloading via WiFi. 

Any updates will need to be checked by EE so it maybe available for SIM free devices, but not carrier supplied devices. Once available your device will tell you it's ready to download.

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
Investigator

Tried over wi-fi and phone supposed to be carrier free with EE SIM but no avail. 

Just have to keep trying I guess.👍

Investigator

Tried over wi-fi and phone supposed to be carrier free with EE SIM but no avail. 

Just have to keep trying I guess.

Investigator

Just had the email from EE hoping that I had my query answered, I'm very grateful for the help from community members but it seems it's an EE problem.

According to XDA forums there's a lot of EE members waiting so come on EE.

Highlighted
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @houdini2010,

Welcome to the EE Community.

You'll receive an automatic notification on your phone as soon as Huawei make the update available for your particular device.

Thanks

James

by smoothasf

It's August why haven't EE released this update yet? Everyone else has had it for ages and you can't pass the buck and say as soon as its available for your device because its been available for ages now. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@smoothasf   As soon a Huawei make the version that EE are happy with you’ll get it. 

by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

It worries me that its now almost towards end of August and Mate 20 Pro still has no security updates since April 2019 let alone the  emui 9.1 interface.

A family Samsung s10 5g has just received the august security update and this is a much less widely available phone.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions