Highlighted
by Minimo14 Investigator
Investigator

Mate 20 Pro App Notifications

Hi,

Is anyone having an issue with a lack of App Notifications on the Mate 20 Pro? I upgraded recently and i have a number of apps which do not display push notifications.  They are setup to display notifications and there are some apps such as email and messenger that do work but others don't (and for a particular game it occasionally shows notifications but most of the time it doesn't). Also, there are some other arears that don't work such as Google photos only backing up when opening Google photos. It appears that the OS is the cause on the issue and is making its own decisions on what notifications you should recieve. 

I am loving the hardware on the phone but the EMUI is way behind and very poor. I am the point of sending the phone back and getting the pixel 3 instead purely based on my experience with the EMUI so far. 

Anyone having a similar experience?

Mo

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Legend
Legend
Solution

Re: Mate 20 Pro App Notifications

Hi @Minimo14

If you don't like EMUI (which I agree is poor) then use another launcher as there are loads on the play store. Nova probably one of the most popular. This is one of the benefits of Android. 

As for notifications, have you and power save options active? Make sure under accounts the apps are set to sync, and notifications are active. 

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
2 REPLIES
by Legend
Legend
Solution

Hi @Minimo14

If you don't like EMUI (which I agree is poor) then use another launcher as there are loads on the play store. Nova probably one of the most popular. This is one of the benefits of Android. 

As for notifications, have you and power save options active? Make sure under accounts the apps are set to sync, and notifications are active. 

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by Minimo14 Investigator
Investigator

Perfect mate, thank you for the tip. The power save options are set to automatic for all apps so changed certain apps to manual and that appears to have done the trick  You live and learn (EDASD). Nice one.

I think ill give the Nova launcher a go to see how that is. 

Thanks for the help.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.