by Davem1 Investigator
Investigator

Lost Phone, Number Not Recognised/Call Failed

Hello

This morning it seems I have either left my phone lying around in work, or left it in the car and it has been taken - obviously the car would have to be unlocked for this otherwise I'd have a good idea with a broken window. The phone however is locked (and after a call to customer services the SIM is blocked).

When leaving work (had only gone to work for a short meeting) and realising I did not have my phone I assumed I had left it at home because I didn't recall taking it out of my pocket at all. When returning home and not finding my phone I tried calling from my home number to see if I could hear it ring/vibrate and the automated message said "Number not recognised". On returning to work believing it may be there a friend tried and received firstly a message saying 'Number not available' and later 'call failed'

I don't have voice mail set up so it definitely wouldn't go to that but I assume these messages mean the phone is off and/or the SIM card has been removed?

Thanks

9 REPLIES 9
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Lost Phone, Number Not Recognised/Call Failed

@Davem1  If the sim is now blocked by EE it will not ring.  The SIM card has been deactivated. 

by Davem1 Investigator
Investigator

Hi Chris

The attempts to call was prior to reporting it to the network and blocking the SIM.

I can see from my Google Account that the last sync was round about 15 minutes before I left work so about 35 minutes before the first call attempt from home and an hour before the call attempt from a friend.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Davem1  You wouldn’t get a “number not recognise “  if the sim was out of the phone.  I believe you’ll get “ you’re call couldn’t be put through at this time” responce.  A number not recognised means there is no such number. 

by Davem1 Investigator
Investigator

Hmm,

That's odd because it was definitely the correct number - I tried twice because I was so surprised at hearing it the first time. Now that the SIM is blocked the message now says 'not connecting calls to this number ay this time'

Oh well, was just trying to piece together a timeline as to what/when things could have happened but that won't help. I didn't realise at the time of posting the topic that inbetween my call from home and a friend getting the message another friend called and the phone was ringing but unanswered.

Thanks for your help.

by
EE Community Support Team

Good Afternoon @Davem1

I am sorry to hear you have lost your phone. 

Before leaving for work can you recall if the device had charge?

Has our customer service team ordered you a replacement sim?

Speak soon, Katie 🙂

by Davem1 Investigator
Investigator

Hi Katie

I think it was relatively fully charged last night but I ended up lying in bet watching a couple of hours of YT vids so could have easily been low this morning but I can't recall if it was 30's or 40's percent when waking up or lower still. If it was I would expect it to have still had charge by ~11am but if it was in the teens when I woke up it very much could have gone by 11. Really can't remember though, it could even have been back on charge and 100%, no idea unfortuantely.

I didn't ask for a replacement sim so unless it is standard practice it hasn't been ordered. I'm going back to work after normal hours to have a another, thorough, look. Too embarrassed to go in to the office for a 3rd time on my day off! If I don't find it then I'll admit defeat and call back to order a replacement if it hasn't already been done

by

Let me know once you have been back into the office and if you manage to find your phone. Fingers crossed it's there! 

Worst case scenario give us a call and we will discuss your options @Davem1.

Speak soon, 

Katie 🙂

by Davem1 Investigator
Investigator

Thank you for all the replies.

By an amazing bit of fortune I found my phone on the floor in a puddle in the car park at work. It survived being run over and after drying it out the phone has charged and power up!

I've already spoke with your contact centre and got the block on my SIM removed.

Thanks

by

Aww that's great news! 🙂

Thanks for coming back to us, we hope to see you around the community in the future @Davem1!

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.