by Twingogirl Investigator
Investigator

Try to log -says not secure-address in bar is (no padlock)-https://api.ee.co.uk/v1/identity/authorize?response_type=code&scope=openid&client_id=IxxlYFoRkb39xI8...

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by
EE Community Support Team
Solution

Re: Log in page not secure?no padlock

Hi @Twingogirl,

Thanks for joining the EE Community.

I've tested the link using Chrome and it's showing as secure. Have you made sure you are using the latest version?

James

11 REPLIES
Investigator

Not a question -update

Read reply by Lee for login error page then successfully logged using original Google instead of chrome! Does anyone know why is this happening now?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Your browser shouldn't be saying that. That URL starts with "https:" which is what the padlock signifies. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
To phone EE: The local rate landline number 020 7362 0200 or Freephone 0800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
by Legend
Legend

Re: Not a question -update

Hi, 

Yes the website doesn't seem to be 100% compatible with some browsers. 

Always best having two installed anyway.

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by
Solution

Hi @Twingogirl,

Thanks for joining the EE Community.

I've tested the link using Chrome and it's showing as secure. Have you made sure you are using the latest version?

James

Investigator

Hi James & Lee, Thanks for your replies.My chrome version is 64.0.3282.137 which I believe is the newest? The https// at the start of the login address is highlighted in red. I've tried accessing it directly using the link in the "your bill is ready" text, typing it in and bringing up the EL site myself.  Get same result each time. I only have my mobile (Samsung S4 mini) so can't try on anything else. I wondered about uninstalling updates then trying as I never had this issue before latest Chrome update? 

by

Hi @Twingogirl,

Yes, your Chrome application is up to date.

Do you experience the same issue if you login at https://id.ee.co.uk/id/login?

Thanks

James

Highlighted
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

It should be possible to see why Chrome thinks it's not secure by looking at the SSL cert details or error message.

Does it happen in incognito mode as well?

Investigator

Hi James & Chistery, Thank you for your feedback. 

Typing that address in didn't work. Uninstalled then reinstalled chrome but made no difference. 

Couple of things I've not mentioned are that the https// has a red line through it and at home I only have data. I can access wifi at my work and at some friends/relatives! 

Have Uninstalled recent apps- twitter being one. 

I've looked at the certificate don't see anything obvious and ,frankly , don't know what I'm looking for. Page that comes up says EE can't prove they're who they say they are. I looked at their certificate and notice it updated 28/02/18. I originally tried checking my bill on 02/03/18. Sorry this is so long.

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hi @Twingogirl. Have you checked your PC has the most recent updates applied?

If you click on the red triangle it should tell you why it's not secure, e.g.

eessl1.JPG

Then click the invalid bit

eessl2.JPG

It sounds like your PC doesn't have the correct root CA certificates installed for DigiCert, who EE use to generate their SSL certificates.

eessl3.JPG

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Actually I just realised you're probably doing this on a phone, but the same applies. The DigiCert cerificates should be installed and updated through device updates and monthly security patches.

Screenshot_20180308-085009.jpg

Investigator

Hi Chistery,

Yes, I'm on a phone. Have checked cert, they seem fine .Have downloaded EE app.and am using different browser (firefox) as found same issue with other sites on chrome.Thanks to you and everyone who gave me advice. The Community is great .

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.