by carlosvrs
Explorer

Locked p8

Hi, I have a Huawei P8 which is at the end of its contract will this phone be locked to ee?

Thank Carlos 

5 REPLIES 5
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: Locked p8

Hello there @carlosvrs

Welcome to the community.

All devices purchased directly from EE, either pay as you go or pay monthly, are locked to our network.

You will need to get the phone unlocked with us.

Full information on unlocking a pay monthly phone can be found on our unlocking post>

Thanks, Leanne 🙂

by carlosvrs
Explorer

Thanks for the reply, I got phone from carphone warehouse will it still be blocked and how much will it cost to unblock please 

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @carlosvrs

I would suggest trying another network SIM card in the phone to see if this is locked.

You can also speak to Carphone Warehouse to see if this is unlocked.

Thanks, Leanne.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

To unlock a phone not bought directly from EE you need to call Customer Services on 0800 956 6000 (option 2, option 4) to put you in touch with the Unlocking Team to request an Unlock Code. You will be asked for your email addy. They will take payment (of £8.99) from any valid UK bank card.

Once the process has been started you will receive an email from the Unlocking Team to process the unlock. It can take up to 10 days to complete the unlock.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

The majority of handsets sold by Carphone Warehouse are not locked.

P.S Block and Lock are different things. A blocked phone means the IMEI number has been added to the list of lost, stolen etc handsets and it won't work on any network. A locked phone means it will reject a SIM card from another provider.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.