by Jamesh33
Visitor

Lg g6 update

Anyone have any ideas on who to contact regarding the new oreo update for a locked ee lg g6 asked on twitter got ignored someone else asked got the reposnse lg has not released oreo yet for g6 same response i got the phone...which is just a lie all the unlocked g6's in europe and uk got it yesterday, today o2 had it pushed also 3 had it pushed today...spoke to lg and they said carriers would not delay the update yet ee are claiming no knowledge of it at all, i even sent them a screenshot of my friends g6 on o2 getting it late afternoon but apparently lg has not released it yet so confused when reddit and xda confirm most countries and carriers have it already..is there actually anyone to contact or is it a kind of you choose ee you knew the risks..ive heard they hold updates back for testing awhile back but i didnt think that would apply when the new lg software centre announced all these new rules about getting it out for everyone at roughly the same time whithout delay from carriers and how comes the others can release it but not ours so confused 

16 REPLIES 16
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Lg g6 update

No one! EE will force feed it when they're good & ready & won't pre-announce it.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Jamesh33,

Thanks for visiting the EE Community.

As soon as the manufacturer is ready to push out the update for the EE version of your phone, you'll be the first to know via a notification on your phone.

James

by Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Would the first to know and have the most up to date information not be EE.

As you state "EE version" thus EE have been involved in the testing and progress of any changed needed and when it was pass to the manufacturer for roll out.

So why are you choosing not to give more information even if it is your part of the process only?

Please can you clearly show why you have no knowledge of EE's part of the process and give details on why you have chosen not to provide it.

by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

@James_B wrote:

Hi @Jamesh33,

Thanks for visiting the EE Community.

As soon as the manufacturer is ready to push out the update for the EE version of your phone, you'll be the first to know via a notification on your phone.

James

Stop spreading these lies and go and ask senior management WHY updates are not forthcoming from EE. 

The correct response should have been.  "You will get a notification on your handset IF EE decide to bother to pass on the manufacturer update" 

Every day on here you have people asking when their handset will get a security update that has been released by the manufacturer.  Can you not see that something is seriously wrong with EE's update policy? 

by iksor Investigator
Investigator

Can anyone explain me one thing? When LG relesed security update, ee relese it same day. Now, on oreo update it takes more then 2 weeks so far. And no news when we get it.. sad. I thought EE is best provider, but at this poin EE loose with o2 and 3 .

I could flash EU version, but don't want to loose WIFI calling 😞

by

Hi @iksor,

Welcome to the EE Community.

Software updates can take a little longer than security updates to roll out. This is due to the level of testing required.

As soon as the update has been tested and approved, you'll receive a notification to let you know.

Thanks

James

by Lonechump Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

So has anyone on EE received the Oreo update on their LG G6 yet?

See every other provider has started rolling it out now?

Come on EE what are you doing?????

by iksor Investigator
Investigator

3 weeks gone. 3, o2, vodafone....  every other company managed to roll out update in max few days. Just not EE. Will have think twice as soon my contract ends, as thats very disapointing.

Valued Contributor

So anyone got the oreo update yet or is it just me sell waiting?

by
EE Employee

Hi @Lonechump and welcome to the community.

Soon as the update is released, your phone will prompt you to download it.

What is displayed when you do a manual search for software updates in the settings menu?

Many thanks,

Lee

Valued Contributor

Mine just says 'You are using the latest version for current OS'

I just dont understand how every other carrier manages to get the oreo update out but EE cant mange it?

I understood EE was a big company so would have expected a better service than say Three, but somehow they have managed to get their LG G6 phones updated about a month ago but EE have still not managed it?? Is it worth calling Three and asking them what you need to do?

It doesnt really look very good to be honest - still thanks for responding anyway

by
EE Employee

Hi @Lonechump,

We at EE want to ensure that these updates are released to customers in a timely manner, and that the customer experience is at an acceptable level.

We have no reason to unnecessarily withhold or delay any software or security updates.

When a manufacturer is getting a new over the air update ready, they may choose to make different versions for different networks.

When this is the case, each individual network is given the opportunity to test the update to make sure it is optimised for use on the network. Because all networks have different platforms and services, the roll out time between networks can vary.

Our testing team at EE let the manufacturer know of any defects they find as quickly as possible, allowing them to make any necessary changes in a timely manner.

We know it can be frustrating when you don’t have the latest update immediately, but we wouldn’t want an update to reach your phone that is detrimental to your user experience.

For more information on this process, please see How EE works to test smartphone software updates.

Many thanks,

Lee

Valued Contributor

Understand all that but however plausible your explanation is, the fact remains you are still a month behind everyone else and that is poor.

You should consider contacting 'Three' and asking how they managed to do it so quickly.

I did a search for you and their number is 0333 338 1001

by

Hi @Lonechump,

As @Lee_H mentioned above, the updates aren't developed or rolled out by EE.

EE are only involved in the testing phase and have no reason to unnecessarily withhold or delay any software or security updates.

The manufacturer will send a notification to your handset as soon as they make the update available for the EE version of your phone.

Thanks

James

Valued Contributor

Again understand that but there are two possible scenarios here:

1) ee were quick to test but somehow LG decided to hold ee back and release everyone else first by a couple of months

2) ee have not yet completed the testing a month after everyone else

My money is on scenario 2! 

by iksor Investigator
Investigator

Update is on thru LG bridge. 20c version with thinkQ camera.

2 months late. shame EE

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.