by sunman Contributor
Contributor

Lack of Nougat on P9

IS ther is someone in EE who is far enough up the food chain to be able to say when Nougat will be released to the P9.

It was released last year (2016) and Huawei released their version in January 2017 .

If not then I will return my P9 as EE refuse to release nougat to it , other providers have released Nougat to the P9 INCLUDING "ORANGE" !!!!!!!

It will be returned as "not of merchantable quality" due the the number of serious bugs in the current version.

18 REPLIES 18
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: Lack of Nougat on P9

Hello there @sunman.

We have no information on the update.

You will receive a notification when this is available.

If you are having problems with the device then please get in touch with us.

Our technical support team will help you further.

Thanks.

by sunman Contributor
Contributor

UPDATE

so EE have released nougat

Huawei P9 EVA-L09 UK variant provided by EE telecom has received stable nougat update. B370 is released officially by huawei for open market. It is considered as final and stable version of nougat.

SO when will it be OTA  ????????????

by
EE Employee

Hi @sunman and welcome to the Community.

Our updates are rolled out to the customer via OTA in stages, soon as it is available for yourself you will be notified.

My parents use this device so i will check with them to see if they have received anything.

Many thanks,

Lee

by Trefonix Investigator
Investigator

Just checked my huawei p9, no nougat in sight. Assuming I'm doing it correctly, as in checking at the updater.

by
EE Employee

Hi @Trefonix

That is the correct way, soon as the update is ready it will let you know.

Many thanks,

Lee

by Trefonix Investigator
Investigator

Oh well, at least android marshmallow seems to be pretty nice as is. Very happy with my Huawei P9 so far, purchased it second hand from CEX mint condition for £215! Locked to EE, but why complain about being locked to a great network eh 😜

by
EE Employee

@Trefonix

I have just got myself a P10.

Huawei are brilliant phone makers 🙂

My parents have a P9, no doubt I will get a phone call of the mother saying 

"Lee, what's this message mean, it's on about nougat, thought that was a sweet"

I can tell you that will be exactly how it goes hahaha

Glad you are liking EE also 🙂

Many thanks,

Lee 

by Trefonix Investigator
Investigator

...and 3 weeks later there is still nothing. There are some bugs in the latest version which are quite annoying. I'm beginning to think that EE employs developers who either cannot work efficiently or are not very numerous. As a student developer myself, I cannot see how it takes so long from Google -> Huawei -> EE -> Me. Apple are vastly superior in this respect, they bypass this whole mess entirely by not allowing the phone manufacturers and carriers to add bloatware

by JimmyC Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I suggest we vote with our wallets... I won't be renewing with EE unless they improve on this, and sadly will be recommending others don't join EE... very disappointing as otherwise, service is very good...

by Dneal1245
Visitor

Spoke to Huawei on last night they said it's been rolled out 2 days ago

@Lee_H wrote:

Hi @sunman and welcome to the Community.

Our updates are rolled out to the customer via OTA in stages, soon as it is available for yourself you will be notified.

My parents use this device so i will check with them to see if they have received anything.

Many thanks,

Lee

by

Hi @Dneal1245

Thanks for coming to community 🙂

Please see this answer this here and it is the same situation.

Thank you

Richard

🙂

Established Contributor

Anyone received the update yet...? I haven't so I have a high end phone running Android which is now a year old with no patches. Thanks EE for exposing me to all the known issues that have been addressed in this time but not passed on by you. In summary EE provides high end phones with low end service... 

Who ever is in charge of updates at EE should be ashamed of the service they are providing....

by dongy789 Investigator
Investigator

I have just spent the morning on the phone to Huawei and EE.

EE have basically said they still have no idea or timescale, BUT - the dude from huaweii quoted me an email they had been sent internally which said that Android N has been rolled out too EE from the 12 October, which was a few days ago. He assured me that P9 users in the UK will definitely be getting Android N.

So, for some reason, it's taken them over a year to sort this out, and we dont know how long it will take for EE to roll it out, although the Huaweii dude said it should be on our handsets by the end of the month..so, we shall see.

Established Contributor

Great update,

It would be nice if someone from EE could confirm this, would save them continuing to get bad press from P9 owners they have failed to give any information to....

by

Hi @JimmyC,

It's rolling out now, in batches, and should be with you soon.

Thanks

James

by dongy789 Investigator
Investigator

Strange how they choose to reply now after my post... All of a sudden they have all the information. We shall see if and when we get android 7. Then we can start asking them about android 8!!

Established Contributor

Yes very strange.... Any way I'm not getting my hopes up, and any rollout doesn't get away from the fact that EE think it is acceptable to leave customers without key security updates for over a year without any information or compensation....

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

@JimmyC wrote:

Yes very strange.... Any way I'm not getting my hopes up, and any rollout doesn't get away from the fact that EE think it is acceptable to leave customers without key security updates for over a year without any information or compensation....

Compensation? These are FREE updates that they don't even gave to roll out.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Pie 9.0)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.