by duncanleetedds Established Contributor
Established Contributor

LTE

Hello can someone please explain this to me. I have an ee pay as you go sim card in a phone and it struggles to pick up 1 bar! But the other person in the house who is on pay monthly how ever get 3 bars of 4G! Why are EE not giving pay as you go customers the same bandwith and benefits. On Three mobile they do. The call quality is cheap on pay as u go but on pay monthly is great. Please EE sort this out you are losing customers!!

5 REPLIES 5
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: LTE

Hi @duncanleetedds 

Do you both have the same handsets? 

You understand that different manufacturers have different technical specifications, antennas, for their devices, so both will never show the same signal strength (which is only a graphic). 

Also it depends on location as to your signal strength. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@duncanleetedds   The call quality will be different as contract customers get VoLTE but PAYG customers only get calls over 3G.  On PAYG only your data is over 4G. If you was turn turn off 4G on your device how many bars of 3G do you get ?  

Established Contributor

I get 1 bar of 3G

by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

I'm going to hazard a guess the EE user with 3bars has a 4G800 signal, and the EE user with 1bar has 4G1800.

As others have pointed out, PAYG don't get access to VoLTE and this is needed to access 800MHz which can be better indoors where it's available.

Established Contributor

That's not a good thing as soon 3G may be switched off soon

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.