by markbell920
Explorer

LG G5 - no update to Android 7 available?

Reading this forum I other users have been updated to Android 7 on the LG G5. I don't have the option on my phone to update. Does anyone have any idea why?

Mark

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: LG G5 - no update to Android 7 available?

Hi, 

Have you tried connecting via your PC and using LG Bridge to update? (if available) 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
4 REPLIES 4
by happymonday Contributor
Contributor

As far as I'm aware they release the update in stages, if everyone got the update at the same time the servers would be overloaded.

by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Hi, 

Have you tried connecting via your PC and using LG Bridge to update? (if available) 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

by markbell920
Explorer

Thanks that worked. I had to try LG Bridge several times to get the update to download and it also wiped my phone settings. Fortunately I did a backup before doing the update.

Mark

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@markbell920 wrote:

Thanks that worked. I had to try LG Bridge several times to get the update to download and it also wiped my phone settings. Fortunately I did a backup before doing the update.

Mark

Excellent, enjoy Smiley Happy

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.