by Nickynoodle
Visitor

Ive just had a rude phone call bloke new my name and no how do.I block private n

Just had a private number call bloke new my name obviously my no sayings things very rude and that.I basically put myself about im not on any dating sites nothing how do I block.private nos

8 REPLIES 8
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Ive just had a rude phone call bloke new my name and no how do.I block priva

Block it on your phone.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

Re: Ive just had a rude phone call bloke new my name and no how do.I block priva

Not all Android phones will allow you to block a withheld number because they rely on adding a number to a block list. If this is the case for your phone then you can download a call blocker from the play store .

by Grand Master
Grand Master

I took "private no." to be an ordinary no. of a private individual as opposed to a firm.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

Private Number normally means the number is withheld regardless of whether the caller is an individual or an organisation. 

For the OP here's a tech blog article on blocking: http://www.techadvisor.co.uk/how-to/mobile-phone/how-block-private-numbers-on-your-phone-3614880/

I haven't tried the apps they mention and so can't vouch for them.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Nickynoodle

Welcome to the community. 🙂

I see you've had some brilliant advice on this already.

Is this a one-off or has this happened before?

Chris

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Techhead: That's 1 site! "Private", "Hidden", "Withheld" are a bit of an overkill for the same thing. Do you know of a handset that displays "Private No." for a withheld call? Mine don't; they all say "Withheld".

by Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

I don't understand, I've quoted an article to help the OP with blocking the private number. It's not meant to be anything else.

Not sure how the synonyms you've quoted are an overkill? 

Regarding handsets which display "Private Number". I had a look at the call logs on the handsets I have access to. A Moto G4 shows "Private Number", My Galaxy S8 shows "Private Number". An HTC (not certain of model) shows "Unknown Caller". An elderly Nokia shows "Private Number". An Alcatel Flip shows "Witheld". Of course I wouldn't draw any conclusions about which is phrase is more common from such a small dataset!

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Well, you were answering my point.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.