by pjpwilliams Investigator
Investigator

Is the 'activate anti malware service' message that pops up a scam or virus?

Is the 'activate anti malware service' message that pops up a scam or virus?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: Is the 'activate anti malware service' message that pops up a scam or virus?

Is this a Galaxy S? Device Maintenance is 1 of its functions. Best to go to Settings / Device Maintenance  / Device Security & activate it yourself.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
8 REPLIES 8
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Is the 'activate anti malware service' message that pops up a scam or virus?

Pops up where? What are you doing at the time?

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Investigator

Opening phone. Pressing start button and before I swipe to access systems there is a small pop up that says Device Maintenance  activate anti-malware service... Turn on anti-malware to protect your phone.

I have had the phone for a couple of months and this pop up only started a week or so ago.

I have ignored it but I wondered if it is something I should activate?

The pop up (or reminder?) is not there after screen swipe to start the system - make calls, text or access internet...

Just not sure if this is EE / phone feature or a spam message?

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @pjpwilliams

Welcome to the community. 🙂

What is the make and model of your phone?

We'll do our best to help.

Chris

Investigator

Samsung J3 (2017)

by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Is this a Galaxy S? Device Maintenance is 1 of its functions. Best to go to Settings / Device Maintenance  / Device Security & activate it yourself.

Investigator

Thanks guys

Advice well received

Activated and no issues so all's well that ends well 🙂

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Thanks! You're welcome :)! Glad I could be of assistance & it is now sorted.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hello there @pjpwilliams

Glad you got the help you needed from the community.

Have a great week 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.