by fonorah14 Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Is the Google Pixel unlocked when bought via Carphone Warehouse (EE contract)?

Is the Google Pixel unlocked when bought via Carphone Warehouse (EE contract)? What about any other networks on Carphone Warehouse? Will any of these networks on Carphone Warehouse stock phones with carrier or Carphone Warehouse "bloatware"?

How do Vodafone, iD and O2 even sell them on Carphone Warehouse when it is "EE exclusive"?

I would apprieciate an answer to all of my questions as soon as possible. Thank you!

23 REPLIES 23
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Re: Is the Google Pixel unlocked when bought via Carphone Warehouse (EE contract

Hi @fonorah14 Yes they are unlocked from carphone warehouse.

They don't come with any bloat ware they are just stock.

Ee nad carphone are exclusive partners see here http://www.mobilenewscwp.co.uk/2016/10/05/ee-and-carphone-bag-google-pixel-exclusives/

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
Established Contributor

Re: Is the Google Pixel unlocked when bought via Carphone Warehouse (EE contract

Thank you! Could you just confirm, is that all carriers and networks on Carphone Warehouse or certain ones? Thanks!

Established Contributor

Re: Pixel, Phone by Google - a user's guide

I would just like to ask that is there ANY difference whatsoever to the device if you buy it from Google or EE or Carphone Warehouse?

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

@fonorah14 it's all the carriers that carphone warehouse offers it on.

the phone is exactly the same no matter where you get it from except if you get it direct from  EE it will be locked to EE 

__________________________________________________________________________________________
Established Contributor

Thank you! I think if I get the Google Pixel, I'll get it from Carphone Warehouse (probably EE contract) as it is unlocked and free from "bloatware". Thank you!

Established Contributor

Re: Pixel, Phone by Google - a user's guide

Actually, @Damienw1 kindly answered my question on another post. Carphone Warehouse (all networks) and Google Store stock the unlocked phone whereas EE lock theirs. Thank you!

by
EE Employee

Hi @fonorah14

Devices sold via ourselves are stock ROM and not an EE variant.

The device is locked to the EE network though when bought directly from ourselves.

You also get access to both 4G Calling and WIFI Calling wherever you purchase the device from.

Hope that helps,

Lee

Established Contributor

Thank you! That helped too. I would just like to ask something else. When the device is turning on, do you see the carrier's logo or something? Are there any "clues" of it being linked to a network when the SIM is out? I can be a bit fussy about what I can see when I turn on my device! Thank you!

by
EE Employee

Hi @fonorah14

Nothing at all 🙂

Many thanks,

Lee

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

@fonorah14 no there is nothing on the device anywhere including start up all you see is Google that's the same wherever you get it from 

Established Contributor

Thank you very much @Damienw1 and @Lee_H. You have both helped me a lot. There should be more people like you in the world! Thank you! ☺

by
EE Community Support Team

Good morning @fonorah14

I am very glad you got the help you needed from the community.

Hope you have a great weekend 🙂

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

You are most welcome @fonorah14 do hang around the community or come back if you have any other queries 

Established Contributor

Actually, I do have a question. Does this apply to phones bought on an upgrade on Carphone Warehouse or new contracts? Thank you!

Established Contributor

@Leanne_T wrote:

Good morning @fonorah14

I am very glad you got the help you needed from the community.

Hope you have a great weekend 🙂

Thank you! You too!

Established Contributor

Is this all phones or just the Pixel. I know that iPhone devices lock to the first network when not bought from Apple directly. Please can you correct me if I am wrong. Thank you!

by
EE Employee

Hi @fonorah14

In relation to the below

"Actually, I do have a question. Does this apply to phones bought on an upgrade on Carphone Warehouse or new contracts? Thank you!"

It is both.

Many thanks,

Lee

Established Contributor

@ConnorCookie is my other account. Thanks all very much!

Established Contributor

Hi! I was wondering (again) about the prices on Carphone Warehouse. Why is getting an upgrade on each network more expensive than getting a new contract? I don't understand. Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.