by Datatag

Insurance replacement phone suddenly been blacklisted

Hi,

On 21st November 2018 I had my Samsung Galaxy S8 replaced by Barclays insurance after I shattered the screen.

Yesterday the phone was blacklisted and I can no longer use it.

The insurance company have provided confirmation of proof of exchange however EE will not make any changes even with the evidence, they say this is because an individual has reported that IMEI (if correct) stolen and EE will not provide any other details as it is confidential.

Now I'm stuck with a bill to pay for a phone I can't use even though I have proof of exchange from Barclays, any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Insurance replacement phone suddenly been blacklisted

Hi @Datatag

You need to contact your insurance company and ask them to replace the handset. Your replacement must be reconditioned and not new so it's their responsibility to replace it with a working device. 

If they refuse complain immediately and then escalate to the FOS, but I suspect your insurers will settle before then. 

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Insurance replacement phone suddenly been blacklisted

@Datatag  You need to contact Barclays as they have given you a refurbished device that has been blacklisted.   EE can not remove a blacklist unless the device is registered to you on your account and your replacement is registered to a different account. 

Or   

Someone gave EE the wrong IMEI number when they report their device lost.   

Go back to Barclays as they gave you this replacement device. 

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.