by davemakins Investigator
Investigator

If I buy additional data will any unused carry over ?

I am going on holiday close to my contract monthly renewal date, so I might need to buy additional data. If I do, and don’t use it all, will the unused carry over to next month ?

7 REPLIES 7
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Re: If I buy additional data will any unused carry over ?

Hi,

Unfortunately, data rollover is not available for contract plans.

Though I do remember it used to be prorated, for example, if you purchase the add-on 15 days before your usual billing date, then you pay roughly about 50% of the advertised cost. Please could anyone confirm if this is still the case? Thanks 

W

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @davemakins

Welcome to the community. 🙂

Whereabouts are you going on holiday?

As @winston said, the data does not roll over on monthly contract plans.

Chris

Investigator

Hi Chris. I’m going to Spain, but my holiday coincides with my contract month end so I’m thinking I might need to buy additional data whilst I’m away. So I was thinking of buying (say) 5gb thinking that it would just carry over if I didn’t use it all. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@davemakins  Only buy what you need or you’ll lose it on next billing cycle. 

BD5D8CDD-BF52-4C1D-B77B-5D4CB8E37C0A.png

This what it says when you click “The import stuff” tab

Investigator

Ok. Thanks Chris. Seems a bit unfair - but then again when have mobile companies ever  let morals get in the way of making a profit ? 😉 I see some other providers are starting to offer rollover data, perhaps EE will catch up eventually !

by Grand Master
Grand Master

They have with PAYG, just not on contract.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

When purchasing the add-on, it'll tell you when it will expire (as in @Chris_B's screenshot), @davemakins.

Please make sure that your phone is set up for international calling and roaming through your My EE account or by texting ROAMING to 150.

Hope you get the add-on you're looking for and have a fantastic time in Spain. 🙂

Chris

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.